nuxx bar - action commenced

Old October 3rd 08, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

Default nuxx bar - action commenced

On 03/10/2008 13:05, Tim Dunne said,

Is there any chance you might stop acting the plank anytime soon? Did
you read the o/p at all?

Can I ask what I've ever done to you? You seem to be constantly making
digs at me for no apparent reason. Yes, I did read the OP. So what?
The bit I was pointing out was the irony in Nuxx saying that he can't
have a discussion because he's right. Do you not see the irony in that?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 08, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 03/10/2008 13:23, Ian Smith said,

Crap snipped

WTF is going on here?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 08, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 03/10/2008 13:57, Rob Morley said,

Plonk.

Jesus Christ - are you all thick? The utter irony of the comment Nuxx
made must have gone straight over all of your heads.

In your case though, Rob, you're another one who always argues with
everything I say, so just in case you do read this I'm glad that you
will no longer be able to see my posts to argue.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 08, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Paul Boyd wrote:

Can I ask what I've ever done to you?

Nothing whatsoever, but you seem to be a little hard of thinking at the
moment, thats all.

You seem to be constantly making
digs at me for no apparent reason. Yes, I did read the OP. So what?

The part that read 'The solicitor recommends that all members of this
group cease responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not
respond to any email which is or is suspected to be from him' is
significant, as is the fact that by replying you seem willing to
encourage the moron...

The bit I was pointing out was the irony in Nuxx saying that he can't
have a discussion because he's right. Do you not see the irony in that?

The situation passed the irony point and moved into tedium several weeks
ago. Just ignore the **** for the time being.

Tim
--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Old October 3rd 08, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 03/10/2008 16:32, Tim Dunne said,

The part that read 'The solicitor recommends that all members of this
group cease responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not
respond to any email which is or is suspected to be from him' is
significant, as is the fact that by replying you seem willing to
encourage the moron...

Do you actually believe that a post from an anonymous new poster should
be taken as read? Maybe it's real, maybe it isn't.

What I thought I'd made clear in a previous post is that I strongly
object to being told who I can and can't respond to. We do not live in
a dictatorship. The point you all seem to have missed is that if you
don't want to see certain threads, you can kill them. Therefore as far
as you're concerned they do not exist, and cannot bother you. Why is
that so hard to understand? I do that with any thread where "judith" has
contributed, or Ed Dolan, for instance. Other people do the same with
MattB or JNugent, or even Nuxx Bar. You too can do the same. If you
do, Nuxx Bar can write as much as he likes and people can respond as
much as they like, and you won't have a clue it even happened.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:23:35 +0100, Paul Boyd wrote:
On 03/10/2008 13:23, Ian Smith said,

Crap snipped

WTF is going on here?

Well, to me it looks as if what is going on is that you are
encouraging a known proven troll to spew more crap into a newsgroup I
value. What did you think was going on?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old October 3rd 08, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

Paul Boyd wrote:
[...]

I have to say, as a long-time lurker and very occasional poster (and
cyclist/motorist), this is the most pathetic argument I've seen on usenet in
a while.

Paul is spot on, haven't you lot heard of blocking posts or k/f ing posters
you don't want to see??

As for legal action? christ, my kids have more sense of reality than some
people here. This is usenet for crying out loud...;-)

Mike P

Old October 3rd 08, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Newman

Paul Boyd wrote:/
On 03/10/2008 13:57, Rob Morley said,

Plonk.

Jesus Christ - are you all thick? The utter irony of the comment Nuxx
made must have gone straight over all of your heads.

In your case though, Rob, you're another one who always argues with
everything I say, so just in case you do read this I'm glad that you
will no longer be able to see my posts to argue.

Phew, thank God you resisted the temptation to continue the argument!
How stupid would that have been
Old October 4th 08, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 3 Oct, 00:11, wrote:
Some email has been exchanged outside the newsgroup.

The motzarella.org account used by nuxx bar has, according to their
abuse department, been terminated.

The ISP used for posting most of nuxx bar's messages has also been
notified of several instances of forged headers from the account which
is a violation of their terms of service. *The IP addresses and
timestamps are stated to be sufficient to identify the account. *Their
abuse department is working on this.

Legal opinion has been obtained. Some statements made by nuxx bar
constitute libel and are considered actionable. The ISP used by nuxx
bar has been contacted and the process for discovery of subscriber
details, including name and address, has been commenced. *The
solicitor's opinion is that the ISP will release the details and that
a civil case is likely to succeed. *A criminal prosecution is unlikely
but the current trend is for significant damages to be awarded in
cases of online harassment. *Separately the ISP may take legal action.

A member of this newsgroup has obtained what he believes to be the
real-world identity of nuxx bar. *This will be compared with the
details from the ISP when they arrive.

The solicitor recommends that all members of this group cease
responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not respond to
any email which is or is suspected to be from him.

You've just made that all up to scare Nuxxy off
Old October 4th 08, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On 03 Oct 2008 12:23:43 GMT, Ian Smith said
in :

In a reasoned thread about not stirring up idiot trolls and general
agreement that it's quite straightforward to ignore them, you decide
to respond to a troll, and don't even make any pretence of doing so to
right a wrong or correct a fallacy or set the record straight.

Maybe the trollfest is over, I don't know. I just had an abusive
"number withheld" call, which leads me to wonder if perhaps nuxxy's
ISP haven't just ToS'd him.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Don't feed Troll Nuxx Nuxx Bar UK 6 September 26th 08 02:18 PM
Nuxx Bar Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 8 July 25th 08 07:54 PM
Don't feed Troll Nuxx _[_2_] UK 61 June 12th 08 05:28 PM
Nuxx Vomica. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 65 April 21st 08 04:33 PM
Questions for the Nuxx Bar troll Martin Dann UK 1 April 16th 08 11:21 PM