Death of this group.

Old August 11th 08, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Death of this group.

My newsfeed has 5239 post currently in this group (from 12th July)

A little over 10% are posts by judith (554).

A further 25% (1225) are responses to the troll (or responses to
discussion again)

The top 10 posters getting dragged into the troll started subthreads

140 From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
60 From: Marc
59 From: "Clive George"
49 From: JNugent
48 From: "nully"
45 From: "Colin Nelson"
41 From: "Dave Larrington"
39 From: Peter Clinch
34 From: Martin
33 From: "Colin Reed"

Please can we all stop feeding the troll.

Tim.
Old August 11th 08, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

wrote in message

Please can we all stop feeding the troll.

"she" got kf'd a few days ago.

Old August 11th 08, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:21:35 +0100, Martin
said in :

I have stopped replying to the troll, as I think several others in the
list have, however it seems that there are several people who have
started replying, who don't normally post that much.

I only reply to the replies, judith is on auto-ignore and I don't
even download nuxxious emissions any more.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old August 11th 08, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 05:43:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

My newsfeed has 5239 post currently in this group (from 12th July)

A little over 10% are posts by judith (554).

A further 25% (1225) are responses to the troll (or responses to
discussion again)

The top 10 posters getting dragged into the troll started subthreads

140 From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
60 From: Marc
59 From: "Clive George"
49 From: JNugent
48 From: "nully"
45 From: "Colin Nelson"
41 From: "Dave Larrington"
39 From: Peter Clinch
34 From: Martin
33 From: "Colin Reed"

Please can we all stop feeding the troll.

Tim.

I'll stop feeding him - which one is he from the above list?

I hadn't realised it was moderated - are you the moderator? When are
the next elections?

--
you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,the two are
incompatible.

Old August 11th 08, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Blackburn[_2_]

said in :

I have stopped replying to the troll, as I think several others in the
list have, however it seems that there are several people who have
started replying, who don't normally post that much.

I only reply to the replies, judith is on auto-ignore and I don't
even download nuxxious emissions any more.

What about the direct reply a few posts ago?

Do you not consider replying to the replies to be contributing to
extending the thread in which she partakes by prompting replies? It's
just as much part of the noise.

I came back to this group after a fairly long absence only to find it
largely unreadable without heavy filtering. It's sad to see people who I
have a lot of respect for contributing to the "death of this group".

Colin
Old August 11th 08, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I only reply to the replies, judith is on auto-ignore and I don't
even download nuxxious emissions any more.

Do you not consider replying to the replies to be contributing to
extending the thread in which she partakes by prompting replies? It's
just as much part of the noise.

Indeed. To the point where I'd resolved a couple of days ago to stop
replying to inhabitants of the Bozo Bin via other people's posts.
Should have done it some time ago, my apologies to the folk not staying
under bridges themselves for not.

Pointing out to 3rd parties why the 2nd party is a Bozo is still helping
to fulfil said 2nd party's need for attention and to be a PITA.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old August 11th 08, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

said in :

I have stopped replying to the troll, as I think several others in the
list have, however it seems that there are several people who have
started replying, who don't normally post that much.

I only reply to the replies, judith is on auto-ignore and I don't
even download nuxxious emissions any more.

Guy

Hello - Guy - I've squarely refuted your lies re the passenger/driver
question.

Any comment.

Oh - I suppose you can pretend you haven't seen it - that'll be the
easy way out for you.

--
you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,the two are
incompatible.
I encourage my children to wear helmets. Some evidence shows that
helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit their heads; other evidence
suggests that helmets are largely ineffective against the rotational
forces implicated in the worst brain injuries.
(Guy 'Proven Liar' Chapman)
Old August 11th 08, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:03:47 +0100, Colin Blackburn
said in :

I only reply to the replies, judith is on auto-ignore and I don't
even download nuxxious emissions any more.

What about the direct reply a few posts ago?

I saw the quoted text and went back to comment, as did Ian Smith.