nuxx bar - action commenced

Old October 3rd 08, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default nuxx bar - action commenced

Some email has been exchanged outside the newsgroup.

The motzarella.org account used by nuxx bar has, according to their
abuse department, been terminated.

The ISP used for posting most of nuxx bar's messages has also been
notified of several instances of forged headers from the account which
is a violation of their terms of service. The IP addresses and
timestamps are stated to be sufficient to identify the account. Their
abuse department is working on this.

Legal opinion has been obtained. Some statements made by nuxx bar
constitute libel and are considered actionable. The ISP used by nuxx
bar has been contacted and the process for discovery of subscriber
details, including name and address, has been commenced. The
solicitor's opinion is that the ISP will release the details and that
a civil case is likely to succeed. A criminal prosecution is unlikely
but the current trend is for significant damages to be awarded in
cases of online harassment. Separately the ISP may take legal action.

A member of this newsgroup has obtained what he believes to be the
real-world identity of nuxx bar. This will be compared with the
details from the ISP when they arrive.

The solicitor recommends that all members of this group cease
responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not respond to
any email which is or is suspected to be from him.
Old October 3rd 08, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
AndyC

wrote in message

The solicitor recommends that all members of this group cease
responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not respond to
any email which is or is suspected to be from him.

I got bored "marking as read" without reading it, therefore I KF'd instead.
I hope he does not take it personally but I just got bored and so rather
than leave the group, I just quit reading messages from a few of the
posters.

Old October 3rd 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

AndyC wrote:

wrote in message

The solicitor recommends that all members of this group cease
responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not respond to
any email which is or is suspected to be from him.

I got bored "marking as read" without reading it, therefore I KF'd
instead. I hope he does not take it personally but I just got bored
and so rather than leave the group, I just quit reading messages from
a few of the posters.

*DING*

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
ebay stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/paul-xxx
Old October 3rd 08, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Yawn. I've never even heard of "motzarella", but you keep on it,
Sherlock.

As for libel, well, Chapman and others are past masters at that.
Perhaps I should start complaining about them. In fact, if anything
comes of this, then I will. Chapman has previously called me a
paedophile and goodness knows what else. I'm sure none of you would
want your motorist-hating idol (among many others) to get caught up in
this. His ISP's already got the hump with him for using other
people's email addresses, after all.

Besides, "_" admitted the things that he was accused of, and
furthermore, "_" could refer to anyone; it's not exactly unambiguous.
Still, if lying motorist-hating idiots want to waste their time and
money on an utterly trivial matter, that's fine; it'll give them less
time to campaign against those dreadful cars.

Anyone who has obtained my real identity (if indeed they have) will
have done so illegally, so if they want to escalate the matter, they
may well find themselves getting a *lot* more than they bargained for,
along with the person who released the information to them.
(Especially since I have the timestamp and the IP of whoever it was
who logged in to my email account last week, which matches up with the
IP of a poster here...not such a smart move, that.)

Oh, and I'm changing ISPs anyway. Oh, and my wireless connection may
not be secure, so who knows who could have been using it. Bummer.

Now I suggest that you and the other whingers grow up, realise that
teacher isn't there to tell tales to anymore, accept that anyone who
was the subject of one or more of the remarks in question did
something to deserve it (especially in the case of "_"), grow a thick
skin, and learn to accept criticism, especially when it's entirely
warranted. If you complain or take legal action, then so will I,
against you and several other people, and it'll be a lot of hassle for
everyone, with very little to gain. I'm leaving here anyway (IF no
further action is taken), not because of these silly threats, but
because I've finally realised (belatedly, I know) that it's impossible
to have a reasoned debate with any of you, as you all know that I'm
right, but you're never going to admit it, as you have an illogical
problem with motorists that's never going to go away (since it cannot
be dispelled with logic). So you've all got what you originally
wanted, and if you really find me such a pain, then you'll want to
forget all about me, and you won't be able to do that if you're both
suing me and getting sued by me.

It's better for all of us if everyone cools down, learns from this and
puts it behind them. Think about it over the weekend and you'll
realise that there's no benefit to you in continuing down this path,
and only someone who was absolutely determined to cut off their nose
to spite their face would do so. There are some here who are nearly
that determined, but not quite, otherwise each of them would have
killed themselves just to make others suffer by now.

And don't worry, I've learnt my lesson: I shouldn't have come here, as
some people simply *cannot* be reasoned with. The people on this
group have lessened my faith in human natu how anyone could be so
blase about so many road users dying, and how anyone could get so much
pleasure out of giving motorists a hard time, is simply beyond me.
Nevertheless, I've seen it with my own eyes, and I now know that I
can't trust anyone, however outwardly respectable they may seem, at
least until I've ascertained that they're not as callous and hateful
as the people here.

Just as well there's no God, otherwise you'd all be condemned to
Hell. As it is, I hope very much that I will never have to have
anything to do with any of you again. Get stuffed, the lot of you.

Old October 3rd 08, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_5_]

Nuxx Bar said the following on 03/10/2008 11:20:

it's impossible
to have a reasoned debate with any of you, as you all know that I'm
right,

Hmmmm......

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 08, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Paul Boyd wrote:

Hmmmm......

Is there any chance you might stop acting the plank anytime soon? Did
you read the o/p at all?

Tim

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Old October 3rd 08, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:00:58 +0100, Paul Boyd wrote:
Nuxx Bar said the following on 03/10/2008 11:20:

it's impossible
to have a reasoned debate with any of you, as you all know that I'm
right,

Hmmmm......

What does that achieve?

In a reasoned thread about not stirring up idiot trolls and general
agreement that it's quite straightforward to ignore them, you decide
to respond to a troll, and don't even make any pretence of doing so to
right a wrong or correct a fallacy or set the record straight.

KFing three addresses gets rid of most [averaged over time] of the
troll's output.

But then we need to start KFing the likes of Guy (who was doing as
much damage as Nuxx Bar) and you who seem to enjoy encouraging them to
crap all over the group.

--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old October 3rd 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Esra Sdrawkcab

Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:00:58 +0100, Paul Boyd wrote:
Nuxx Bar said the following on 03/10/2008 11:20:

it's impossible
to have a reasoned debate with any of you, as you all know that I'm
right,

Hmmmm......

What does that achieve?

In a reasoned thread about not stirring up idiot trolls and general
agreement that it's quite straightforward to ignore them, you decide
to respond to a troll, and don't even make any pretence of doing so to
right a wrong or correct a fallacy or set the record straight.

KFing three addresses gets rid of most [averaged over time] of the
troll's output.

But then we need to start KFing the likes of Guy (who was doing as
much damage as Nuxx Bar) and you who seem to enjoy encouraging them to
crap all over the group.

Sadly so, Mr Chapman used to seem a quiet reasonable chap, but he keeps
playing the troll's game, so I've had to KF him.
Old October 3rd 08, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:00:58 +0100
Paul Boyd wrote:

Hmmmm......

Plonk.

Don't feed Troll Nuxx Nuxx Bar UK 6 September 26th 08 02:18 PM
Nuxx Bar Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 8 July 25th 08 07:54 PM
Don't feed Troll Nuxx _[_2_] UK 61 June 12th 08 05:28 PM
Nuxx Vomica. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 65 April 21st 08 04:33 PM
Questions for the Nuxx Bar troll Martin Dann UK 1 April 16th 08 11:21 PM