Enough whining bull****, here's a story

Old September 11th 13, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Enough whining bull****, here's a story

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747
Old September 11th 13, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

Nothing to do with cycling. Try uk.local.birmingham.

Old September 11th 13, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

Correction... "two people just couldn't let it go"... Off topic for a
cycling newsgroup. Try a Birmingham newsgroup.

Old September 11th 13, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/09/2013 17:55, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

Correction... "two people just couldn't let it go"... Off topic for a
cycling newsgroup. Try a Birmingham newsgroup.

Please enlighten us as to why people riding bicycles are not to be
called cyclists?
Old September 11th 13, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 11/09/2013 11:32, Mrcheerful wrote:

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

It really doesn't look as though it had all that much to do with cycling.

Just one group of chavs scrapping with another.

QUOTE:
Timothy Cray, prosecuting at Birmingham Crown Court, said in the course
of the struggle, when they ended up on the ground, Mrs Brady had grabbed
hold of the teenager’s hair and may have hit her in the face.

The defendant responded by biting the victim’s ring finger on her left
hand with “very great force”.
ENDQUOTE

Fancy retaliating for something as trivial as having your hair grabbed
hold of and a mere blow to the face, eh?

They sound well-matched.
Old September 11th 13, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 11/09/2013 11:32, Mrcheerful wrote:

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

The main participant seems to have been one Tiffany Crockett.

Is Shard End a bit of a wild frontier?
Old September 11th 13, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"TMS320" wrote in message
"Mrcheerful" wrote

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

Nothing to do with cycling. Try uk.local.birmingham.

I agree. The subject of the story was an assault. Without more details, I
can only assume that the fact that the victim was a cyclist is irrelevant.

Old September 11th 13, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 11/09/2013 17:32, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

You really should try cycling for a while and see the abuse that we
endure just for being where we are on a bike and then see if you want to
go back.

Oh, sorry, you would prefer to be the one dishing out the abuse.
Old September 11th 13, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"brianrob1961" wrote in message
On 11/09/2013 17:32, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

You really should try cycling for a while and see the abuse that we endure
just for being where we are on a bike and then see if you want to go back.

According to the criteria laid down by your predecessors, you spend the
majority of your travelling time in a motorised vehicle, therefore you are a
motorist. You're not part of the "we cyclists" minority, especially since
you admit that you hardly cycle any more.

Old September 11th 13, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:33:34 -0500, jnugent
wrote:

On 11/09/2013 11:32, Mrcheerful wrote:

Two cyclists just couldn't let it go, went back for a fight with
youngsters and lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-shard-5910747

It really doesn't look as though it had all that much to do with cycling.

Just one group of chavs scrapping with another.

There is nothing in that report which suggests to me that Mr and Mrs
Brady were louts (my interpretation of your racist term "chavs").

As they cycled by, they may well have felt it their civic duty to
challenge the offensive behaviour apparently displayed by the three
young women.

The pulling of the girl's hair and punching her face by Mrs Brady does
not appear, from the news report, to have been a criminal act, and
therefore self defence.

But I assume much, and cannot know for sure, but I certainly would not
want to label Mr and Mrs Brady as "chavs" (or even louts) on the
evidence from that report.

Sastre Whining Paul B. Anders Racing 18 July 21st 09 11:09 PM
Global Whining ST Racing 0 February 20th 07 12:23 AM
whining about my disc brakes Monique Y. Mudama Mountain Biking 34 August 9th 04 02:04 AM