Removing cogs from a Shimano (Singapore made) freewheel?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28th 14, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Removing cogs from a Shimano (Singapore made) freewheel?

I have a Shimao 7 speed freewheel made in Singapore. I want to take the cogs off the body. The 7 cogs are silver and there is black ring with 8 recesses on its outer edge. This ring is right beside the smallest cog. I'm assuming that this ring is screwed on. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, what direction does it come off?

Thanks and cheers

FA-Regina ORO freewheel+ Campagnolo freewheel cogs P. Chisholm Marketplace 0 November 14th 08 03:15 PM
How are Type-C Freewheel cogs secured to the body meb[_93_] Techniques 0 April 21st 08 10:11 PM
FA: Suntour Winner Pro Freewheel + cogs Dave Mayer Marketplace 0 March 9th 07 05:49 AM
Freewheel Cogs Neil Smith UK 1 November 12th 06 03:34 AM
Cogs for Dura-Ace freewheel [email protected] Techniques 6 January 21st 05 06:07 AM