Live coverage SundaY?

Old July 13th 03, 12:04 PM
David Bertenshaw

Default Live coverage SundaY?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:42:04 -0700, Alan Forkosh
wrote:

Note that the OLN audio is available live (even on Sunday) at the http://www.letour.com website. It starts at 9am EDT.

In article ,
"Joe Hurley" wrote:

In lieu of complaining about same, may I suggest pointing your browser to
www.eurosport.com. No pictures, but you can listen live to the English
language European broadcast of the tour. This is what I do each day at work
during the week, and it is an acceptable substitute.

I must be doing something wrong here but:

* I can't find the live audio on eurosport anywhere (there's a link to
live audio but it's not working until 4pm....

* The OLN link has never worked. I can see the archives, but the
'listen live now' link just brings up a short video saying the item
isn't available. Do you need to have registered? Is the feed only
available within the US (I'm in the UK)?

Have you more more detailed links for the europsort feed?

Thanks

David

Old July 13th 03, 12:17 PM
DaveG

Try this,I don't think there is live commentary until later,by which
time the tv coverage starts ;-) and :-(

http://www.letour.com/2003/us/index.html (best for quicker updates)

http://tinyurl.com/gscz (eurosport)

Live commentary on Eurosport site at 16.00
--
ATB-DaveG

Old July 13th 03, 12:43 PM
Dominic Richens

Ken Papai wrote:

All of Canada is one time zone or what?

No, it's just that eastern Canada is the centre of the known universe.
People living in one of the three western or the Atlantic time zones just
get used to adding or subtracting 1, 2 or 3 hours from all the announced
times (or half hour for Newfoundland).
--
Dominic Richens |
"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Old July 13th 03, 12:46 PM
Dominic Richens

Joe Hurley wrote:
Schedule per OLN Canada's web site for Sunday, July 13, 2003:

10:00 AM RIDE GUIDE (MTN.) 2003 - 83
10:30 AM BOWFLEX - Infomercial
11:00 AM SPORTFISHING WITH TONY RUTLEDGE ~ 3-12
11:30 AM CALGARY STAMPEDE 2003
2:00 PM ALTERNATE ROUTES S.2: Brugge

Somehow I fail to see Tour de France up there....

I had a printout of the www.facetheelements.com listing next to my TV,
printed in June. Now that URL gets re-directed to www.tsn.ca/oln? Well at
least that listing is correct.

Old July 13th 03, 12:52 PM
David Bertenshaw

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:17:38 +0100, "DaveG" wrote:

Try this,I don't think there is live commentary until later,by which
time the tv coverage starts ;-) and :-(

http://www.letour.com/2003/us/index.html (best for quicker updates)

http://tinyurl.com/gscz (eurosport)

Live commentary on Eurosport site at 16.00

Right - I thought that was the case. Thanks for the confirmation and
the links.

David
Old July 13th 03, 12:56 PM
Jeff Jones

"DaveG" wrote in message
Try this,I don't think there is live commentary until later,by which
time the tv coverage starts ;-) and :-(

http://www.letour.com/2003/us/index.html (best for quicker updates)

http://tinyurl.com/gscz (eurosport)

Live commentary on Eurosport site at 16.00

http://live.cyclingnews.com/tour03/?id=livecomp

Live coverage, start to finish, every day.

Sleep is highly overrated.

Jeff

Old July 13th 03, 01:16 PM
David Bertenshaw

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:56:39 +1000, "Jeff Jones"
jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com wrote:

http://live.cyclingnews.com/tour03/?id=livecomp

Live coverage, start to finish, every day.

This appears to be just the text version - it was the live audio feed
I was after - but thanks anyway.

Sleep is highly overrated.

It's 1.40pm here so not quite time for the Sunday afternoon snooze....
In any case, the Live Eurosport coverage is on from 3pm our time, so
I'll just have to stay awake...

David

Old July 13th 03, 02:13 PM
KBH

I must be doing something wrong here but:

* I can't find the live audio on eurosport anywhere (there's a link to
live audio but it's not working until 4pm....

* The OLN link has never worked. I can see the archives, but the
'listen live now' link just brings up a short video saying the item
isn't available. Do you need to have registered? Is the feed only
available within the US (I'm in the UK)?

This works for me in the US.

Old July 13th 03, 04:39 PM
Just a Cyclist

"Nick Burns" wrote in message
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again? Oh Sweet
Jesus, no. Please no.

- Mac

Well, won't you be on your bike anyway?

Not at 5am ??? West coast

Old July 13th 03, 04:40 PM
Just a Cyclist

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dominic Richens" wrote:

Just a Cyclist wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again?

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to
match Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN Canada starts their coverage of the L'Alp D'Huez stage at 10:30 am

Canada rules!

Oh yeah......how was the Giro............????? I know Canada
TV...........it suck...

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club