The Psychology of Mountain Biking (and Mountain Biker Sympathizers)

Old August 17th 08, 03:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default The Psychology of Opinions, No Facts.

On Aug 16, 11:31*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:23:37 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane

wrote:
On Aug 16, 1:50*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:56:02 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Aug 14, 11:17*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 03:01:41 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
I already proved that there is indeed a Mike VandeRman ages ago in
another post. You do the research. He is a very good archery player in
the midwest and was sponsored by Eastman for awhile.

But the guy you labelled "Mike Vanderman" in your news post was NOT
named "Mike Vandeman" nor "Mike Vanderman", LIAR. I'm sure you have no
idea what his name is.

*But all that

doesn't matter....you're still a washed up wanna be new age
hippie...it is indeed stereotyping...which you do everyday when you
say all mtbers are bad and then celebrating their injuries and deaths.
You are stereotyping all MTBers...so it isn't all that bad to
stereotype you, according to your brilliance and example...it is
proper.

I don't stereotype. I just tell the truth -- something mountain bikers
can't stand.

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED,
Walter Skrzypek :

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty..

Still waiting to hear why you LIED.

Why did you contact someones employer over the Sierra Club?

It's dishonest to do Sierra Club email when you are supposed to be
working. Obviously, you are doing the same thing, or you wouldn't be
afraid to use your real name.

No it's not. People get breaks and you have no idea what they are
allowed to do and not do. Sounds more like you got busted for the same
thing and were suffering from sour grapes.
Old August 17th 08, 03:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Siskuwihane wrote:
On Aug 16, 11:31 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:23:37 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane
Why did you contact someones employer over the Sierra Club?

It's dishonest to do Sierra Club email when you are supposed to be
working. Obviously, you are doing the same thing, or you wouldn't be
afraid to use your real name.

No it's not. People get breaks and you have no idea what they are
allowed to do and not do. Sounds more like you got busted for the same
thing and were suffering from sour grapes.

Indeed. Many firms allow limited personal use of company email.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 17th 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
di

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:38:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Are you LYING like a usual mtber and saying that this is me? Nope.
sorry. I believe this was shot in one of those underground Berkely
settings...supposedly there is a chick in that area that gives
massages with happy endings...what's her name
again...Yakota...Yasuma...Yukiko maybe. I can't remember. Just heard
about it from rumors though.

Do you EVER do anything but LIE? It's obviously your chosen lifestyle.

Whoa there tiger...read above. just rumors.

You are LYING. LIARS are completely HOPELESS. I've met a lot of sick
people on the internet, but you are BY FAR the sickest. Whenever you
are caught in a lie (which is every time you open your mouth), you
fabricate an even bigger whopper. Goodbye, Waste-Of-Time. You are
utterly hopeless. Too bad you are stupid enough to choose that path.

I didn't go and marry the
happy endings gal or even see her...that's just gross. I wouldn't want
anything to do with a disgusting example of human like that...And
nope, I tell the blatant truth. It's just hard for you to handle. Your
constant refusal to admit any mistakes bores me...
You're a sick man...

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED,
Walter Skrzypek :

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

It sounds like maguahiker is hitting some sensitive spots here, Mikey is
losing his cool.

Old August 21st 08, 08:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
the bench

hey mike!
c'mon up to canada, where we'll see what your bullsh*t is really
worth.
there are people up here doing what you claim to do for the
environment, while making use of it, that would have you for lunch.
does the name carsten ring a bell?

a new vendetta crankset says you won't last a week.
(not that you'd have a use for a crankset, but i know where you could
store it)

when they closed the sanitariums and cut back on the mental health
budgets, people told them that things like this would happen.
you poor boy, released to suffer unsupported, unprepared for the
trials of living in open society...

honestly, there could be tears.

toddle off to bed, now, and let the adults get of with their
discussions.
Old August 21st 08, 08:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
the bench

hey mike!
c'mon up to canada, where we'll see what your bullsh*t is really
worth.
there are people up here doing what you claim to do for the
environment, while making use of it, that would have you for lunch.
does the name carsten ring a bell?

a new vendetta crankset says you won't last a week.
(not that you'd have a use for a crankset, but i know where you could
store it)

when they closed the sanitariums and cut back on the mental health
budgets, people told them that things like this would happen.
you poor boy, released to suffer unsupported, unprepared for the
trials of living in open society...

honestly, there could be tears.

toddle off to bed, now, and let the adults get on with their
discussions.
Old August 21st 08, 09:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Roberto Baggio[_2_]

Default The Psychology of Mountain Biking (and Mountain Biker Sympathizers)

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
news
The Psychology of Mountain Biking
Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.
January 24, 2000

For a psychologist, mountain biking is a fascinating phenomenon.

Lying

The first thing one notices about mountain bikers is that they
lie continually! For someone from my generation, raised to tell the
truth at all times, this is puzzling.

As usual, you make absolutely no sense at all, and do nothing more than
waste electricity and therefore contribute to global warming.

I've already proven that you are a liar, and now you state that you and your
generation were raised to tell the truth at all times, so again you are
lying.

S&R are put into much greater danger having to rescue hikers than any other
group that enter the forests during the summer, including bicyclers. They
also respond to significantly more calls for and expend significantly more
energy on hikers. Bicyclers stay on a very small network of easily
accessible trails that are in very close proximity to homes and roads
whereas many hikers venture much deeper into the forests (which also impacts
the denser population of animal life in that area).

Your facts are, as usual, incorrect, you lie, and your logic is as always,
fallible.

Speaking of logic, I am a mountain biker, and I can tell you that I always
lie. Given your logic, does that mean that I am telling the truth?

Old August 21st 08, 04:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:13:58 GMT, "Roberto Baggio"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
news
The Psychology of Mountain Biking
Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.
January 24, 2000

For a psychologist, mountain biking is a fascinating phenomenon.

Lying

The first thing one notices about mountain bikers is that they
lie continually! For someone from my generation, raised to tell the
truth at all times, this is puzzling.

As usual, you make absolutely no sense at all, and do nothing more than
waste electricity and therefore contribute to global warming.

I've already proven that you are a liar,

Example? Because you give no details, it's obvious you are LYING.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 22nd 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Example? Because you give no details, it's obvious you are LYING.
--

There's the proof...saying people didn't provide details. Go back and
read several thousand posts at everyone under the sun disproving you

You're not worth the effort...Mr movie of the week.
Old August 24th 08, 05:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
SMS

Roberto Baggio wrote:

S&R are put into much greater danger having to rescue hikers than any other
group that enter the forests during the summer, including bicyclers.

I was talking to a ranger up in far north California (Redwood State Park
area) and he concurred with this. Hikers are the main group requiring
rescue, not because they're walking versus riding, but because they tend
to be the less experienced wilderness users that are over-confident of
their ability and stamina, and because they are less prepared for
emergencies. You don't have to tell a cyclist "it's hot drink lots of
water," but for some reason hikers think they can go ten miles in five
hours on one liter of water and a granola bar.