Is Mountain Biking a rich mans sport?

Old August 21st 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Default Is Mountain Biking a rich mans sport?

I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

I'm probably the only homeless jobless person that is able to
coordinate my affairs (defense) against FBI/CIA/NSA, and still manage
to acquire necessary resources, to show up at MTB parks, MTB, and I am
more skilled than most.

So, never seeing a cheap car, most are SUVs, corporate white collar
young men, or actually I see more middle aged me, including older
aged, than I do youngsters.

In fact I don't ever recall seeing teenagers, not even 19 or 20 year
olds. It either is too expensive for all the gear or they're the
extremists that go to the official "MTB only" parks and pay and ride
the MTBer only trails and don't bother with public parks or trails.

But never do I see average cars it's always brand new higher quality
vehicles in the parking lot.
Old August 21st 08, 05:27 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:31:08 -0700 (PDT), LIBERATOR
wrote:

I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

Of course! Mountain bike experts say a bike that won't fall apart
under the stresses of mountain biking start at $600.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 21st 08, 07:23 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
the bench

On Aug 20, 4:31 pm, LIBERATOR wrote:
I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

mountain bike parks?
must be an urban thing. the only bike parks around here are for the
bmx/skate folks.
when i ride, i ride to where i want to ride, then ride some more, then
ride home.
riding isn't so much a hobby, as a thing i do, and transportation (gas
prices being what they are, i like it!)
finally getting back to it after a few years away.

I'm probably the only homeless jobless person that is able to
coordinate my affairs (defense) against FBI/CIA/NSA, and still manage
to acquire necessary resources, to show up at MTB parks, MTB, and I am
more skilled than most.

it must suck to live in a police state, run by an idiot (i know, you
didn't vote for him, but he got in for two terms, anyway...)
it must also suck to live in a police state, run by an idiot, where
every square inch of land is owned by someone.

if we can keep people like mike and george to a minimum up here,
canada might just continue to be the best place on earth.

proj!

bench
Old August 21st 08, 11:06 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

On Aug 21, 12:23*am, the bench wrote:
On Aug 20, 4:31 pm, LIBERATOR wrote:

I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

mountain bike parks?

Silverton, Colorado is MTB only in summer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcrcytH86Q

There's at least 2 other ski resorts that turn into MTB only in
summer.

Old August 22nd 08, 03:26 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
Siskuwihane[_2_]

wrote:
I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

Of course! Mountain bike experts say a bike that won't fall apart
under the stresses of mountain biking start at $600.

Mike would be that expert because, by his own defintion, he himself is
a mountain-biker.
Old August 24th 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
CowPunk

On Aug 20, 5:31 pm, LIBERATOR wrote:
I never see cheap, clunky cars in MTB parks parking lots.

REAL Mountain BIkers don't drive to the trail. Tis the reason you
don't see our junky cars.