Wet weather in Sydney

Old April 17th 11, 10:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

Default Wet weather in Sydney

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:04:36 +1000, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

The rain tends to seep thru the seat of my wet weather pants when I am
riding

Are you sure the moisture is coming from outside?

Old April 18th 11, 04:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 18/04/2011 7:27 AM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:04:36 +1000, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

The rain tends to seep thru the seat of my wet weather pants when I am
riding

Are you sure the moisture is coming from outside?

Hahahahah!! Know whatcha mean

Yeah, it does seeps in thru the wet weatherfabric as the fabric flexes
and moves. There is a pretty distinctively shaped wet patch on the seat
of my jeans when I look at it.

Old April 18th 11, 09:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Moike wrote:
On 17/04/2011 11:48 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Those who don't or can't might want to consider a cycling
cape:
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/aveni...tem126969.html

That brings back memories of riding to school in the '50s and '60s,
Black rubberised fabric cloak that stretched out over the handlebars and
protected the kit-bag full of school books. It worked. sort of.

Defintely needs mud guards and flaps for best effect.
I made my own out of Superdux, a poly/canvas mix. not sure if it is
still around.

arm doc in Sydney Zebee Johnstone Australia 14 September 20th 07 09:29 AM
we need one of these for Sydney Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 January 1st 07 11:04 AM
Spring Cycle Sydney... Weather Artoi Australia 13 October 24th 06 12:16 PM
Who's in Sydney ? Tall_Dave Unicycling 1 April 29th 05 06:09 AM
CM: Sydney Samuel Russell Australia 3 March 4th 05 04:41 AM