Off to Canberra

Old March 22nd 11, 08:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Default Off to Canberra

Geoff Lock wrote:

On 20/03/2011 4:51 PM, BT Humble wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Well, I am off to Canberra now and I have chickened out on riding the
238kms on my bicycle

Gawd!! I am a hopeless coward!! After all the talk and all the noise, I
am catching the train down but I'll be bringing the bike so at least
that is some small consolation to the ego

I'll try the Canberra ride again sometime in the future when I can
muster up some courage to even think of it.

Avagoodone all

Have you considered taking the train to Tarago and riding to the
Unaugural[1]? You might win a trophy...

I remember that Unaugural thingy mentioned in this newsgroup. Hm, it's a
tort, eh? Is the trophy redeemable for a carton of cold beer though

Are you accusing me of being a tortfeasor[1]?!

You might have your work cut out to win "longest distance bicycle" though,
Aeek is planning to attend again this year and last time he rode from his
home in Canberra (about 110km)

BTH
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old March 22nd 11, 07:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:

I remember that Unaugural thingy mentioned in this newsgroup. Hm, it's a
tort, eh? Is the trophy redeemable for a carton of cold beer though

Are you accusing me of being a tortfeasor[1]?!

Gawd, bloody legal people! tort=thought, ok? What the hell is a
tortfeasor anyway? Wait don't answer that, I give up already

You might have your work cut out to win "longest distance bicycle" though,
Aeek is planning to attend again this year and last time he rode from his
home in Canberra (about 110km)

Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort

ARRRGGGHHHH!!! No!! No!! I refuse to read that stuff
Old March 24th 11, 11:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old March 24th 11, 07:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 24/03/2011 9:35 PM, BT Humble wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.
Old March 24th 11, 10:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

Geoff Lock wrote:
Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.

1. It's not a huge distance from the pub.
2. You might find that if you ask nicely, one of the car drivers might
help out.
3. perhaps consider a more compact form of anesthetic. Something more
readily transported by bicycle. A nice red perhaps? Scotch? Gin?

Don't think of it as a restriction. Think of it as an opportunity for
a new experience.

Moike
Old March 25th 11, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

BT Humble wrote:

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

Definitely very easy.
Old March 25th 11, 12:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Geoff Lock wrote:

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.

Also very easy. just top load on your rear rack.
Old March 25th 11, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Geoff Lock wrote:
Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.

This is the excuse you have been needing to buy a trailer.

So on your trip to Tarago, you go via Canberra and Flying Furniture
where you get a
http://www.flyingfurniture.com.au/sh...er-convenience
which will manage your beer and all your camping gear.

And will really disturb people once you manage to do your 30kmh down
airport drive with it behind....

Zebee
Old March 25th 11, 01:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
Mate, I am not planning to win anything. My main problem is gonna be
somehow having a carton of cold beer at the end of it and hauling a
carton with me is gonna be a REAL challenge especially if I am gonna try
and keep it cold as well!

Let me assure you that keeping your beer *cold* in a Tarago paddock on a
May night will be pretty easily accomplished. :-)

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.

1. It's not a huge distance from the pub.
2. You might find that if you ask nicely, one of the car drivers might
help out.
3. perhaps consider a more compact form of anesthetic. Something more
readily transported by bicycle. A nice red perhaps? Scotch? Gin?

Don't think of it as a restriction. Think of it as an opportunity for
a new experience.

Incidentally, there *will* be another batch of 5% proof Ginger Beer
(getting bottled this weekend).

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old March 25th 11, 04:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:

Ooohhh... I see. So that leaves the problem of hauling a carton to
Tarago.

1. It's not a huge distance from the pub.

Within stumbling distance, eh?

2. You might find that if you ask nicely, one of the car drivers might
help out.

I'm sure they would, I'm sure they would

3. perhaps consider a more compact form of anesthetic. Something more
readily transported by bicycle. A nice red perhaps? Scotch? Gin?

Ah! You mean, make this a spiritual event? Is there a river we could
gather by?

Don't think of it as a restriction. Think of it as an opportunity for a
new experience.

Hahahahahahah!!!