URT sucks?

Old June 27th 03, 06:08 PM
Dave W

Default URT sucks?

On 27 Jun 2003 09:16:46 -0700, (Spider) wrote:

Dave W wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:56:02 +0200, "Dave Stocker"
wrote:

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
Apparently you missed this part:

"Unified Rear Triangle (URT) "

"Placements ranges from very close to the BB (Trek/Gary Fisher) to in
the middle of the downtube (John Castellianos patented "Sweet Spot" on
for example Schwinn, Ibis)"

The Bow Ti is a URT.

No I did not miss it. Just because Ibis used Castellianos' "Sweet Spot", it
does NOT automatically follow that the Bow Ti is a URT.

snip more of the same

|The inherent problem with this design is that the rider is in effect
|standing on the swingarm. This is less of a problem when the rider is
|seated, but the natural tendency when going over larger obstacles, rough
|terrain, or technical sections is to stand up, rendering the rear

suspension
|almost useless. The flip side to this effect is that during sprinted or
|climbing out of the saddle, the suspension's lack of movement is

considered
|a bonus, as less energy is wasted in suspension movement.
|
|There have been several very popular URT bikes in the past, most notably

the
|Klein Mantra, the Trek/Gary Fisher Y-bikes, and the Ibis Sweet Spot.

There
|have also been twists on the URT design in the form of the GT iDrive and

the
|Paul Turner desiged Maverick."
|
|LOL! This is all consistent with what I said.

How can it be consistent with what you said, when you claim that the
Bow Ti should not be labeled as a URT, and each article shows that the
Bow Ti is a URT?

The seated vs standing part is consistent with what I said. As I said
earlier, there was no specific mention of the Bow Ti in any of these. But
this is a moot, bucause I already said in my last post that I now agree that
the Bow Ti is a URT. So what is the problem?

-Dave

Haven't you figured that out yet? It's Pete "never wrong" Fagerlin. As
soon as you realize this you'll save yourself a whole lot of crap,
like you just went through.

While he might not have figured that out, he certainly knows not to
take advice from Dave "always wrong" Wussyass, because banging your
head against the wall is so much more productive.

He arachnoid, don't you think the advice is sound given what Pete lead
this thread into. Oh, nevermind, I forgot you're a dumbass...

Sorry, my mistake.

Dave (Kiss my wussyass!)

Old June 30th 03, 04:40 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

wrote:

|"P e t e F a g e r l i n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..

| The Bow Ti is a Sweet Spot bike----------------URT.
|
| It's really not that difficult.
|
| But
| |this is a moot, bucause I already said in my last post that I now agree
|that
| |the Bow Ti is a URT. So what is the problem?
|
| Hmmm...I would ascribe it to some reading comprehension issues on your
| part or an inabilty to understand exactly what "Sweet Spot" means (URT
| with the pivot located in the middle, rather than at the extremes).
|

|I started this thread hoping to talk a bit about the physics of these
|things. Oh well, it was not to be...

|-Dave

|not with that guy it ain't.

LOL.

Is post humping a congenital defect or something that you learned from
your parents or perhaps you picked up your particular flavor of
retardation after one too many bowls?

Hilarious, regardless of the cause.

Old June 30th 03, 04:41 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

wrote:

|"P e t e F a g e r l i n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .

| The Bow Ti is a Sweet Spot bike----------------URT.
|
| It's really not that difficult.
|
| But
| |this is a moot, bucause I already said in my last post that I now agree
|that
| |the Bow Ti is a URT. So what is the problem?
|
| Hmmm...I would ascribe it to some reading comprehension issues on your
| part or an inabilty to understand exactly what "Sweet Spot" means (URT
| with the pivot located in the middle, rather than at the extremes).
|

|I started this thread hoping to talk a bit about the physics of these
|things. Oh well, it was not to be...

So you usually start discussion, wherein you want to talk about the
physiscs of bike suspensions, by posting a bunch of stuff that is
inaccurate and based upon supposition?

Interesting.

Old June 30th 03, 04:47 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:08:24 -0400, Dave W wrote:

| Haven't you figured that out yet? It's Pete "never wrong" Fagerlin. As
| soon as you realize this you'll save yourself a whole lot of crap,
| like you just went through.
|
|While he might not have figured that out, he certainly knows not to
|take advice from Dave "always wrong" Wussyass, because banging your
|head against the wall is so much more productive.
|
|He arachnoid, don't you think the advice is sound given what Pete lead
|this thread into. Oh, nevermind, I forgot you're a dumbass...

ROTFLMAO!

"what Pete lead this thread into"

Yeah, heaven forbid that someone who has four years of experience
riding a Bow Ti comment on how they really ride, rather than letting
some inaccurate assumptions stand.

Gee, if I hadn't set the record straight, you wouldn't have had a
chance to make yourself look like a total fool once again...

Old July 1st 03, 05:22 PM
Dave W

wrote:

|"P e t e F a g e r l i n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

| The Bow Ti is a Sweet Spot bike----------------URT.
|
| It's really not that difficult.
|
| But
| |this is a moot, bucause I already said in my last post that I now agree
|that
| |the Bow Ti is a URT. So what is the problem?
|
| Hmmm...I would ascribe it to some reading comprehension issues on your
| part or an inabilty to understand exactly what "Sweet Spot" means (URT
| with the pivot located in the middle, rather than at the extremes).
|

|I started this thread hoping to talk a bit about the physics of these
|things. Oh well, it was not to be...

|-Dave

|not with that guy it ain't.

LOL.

Is post humping a congenital defect or something that you learned from
your parents or perhaps you picked up your particular flavor of
retardation after one too many bowls?

Just learning from the master. hehehe

Hilarious, regardless of the cause.

yes you are, no matter where you post!

Old July 1st 03, 05:34 PM
Dave W

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:47:57 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:08:24 -0400, Dave W wrote:

| Haven't you figured that out yet? It's Pete "never wrong" Fagerlin. As
| soon as you realize this you'll save yourself a whole lot of crap,
| like you just went through.
|
|While he might not have figured that out, he certainly knows not to
|take advice from Dave "always wrong" Wussyass, because banging your
|head against the wall is so much more productive.
|
|He arachnoid, don't you think the advice is sound given what Pete lead
|this thread into. Oh, nevermind, I forgot you're a dumbass...

ROTFLMAO!

"what Pete lead this thread into"

Yeah, heaven forbid that someone who has four years of experience
riding a Bow Ti comment on how they really ride, rather than letting
some inaccurate assumptions stand.

WOW I am impressed. You really are someone with experience. Did it
require your particular "patented" Fagerlin response? Abusive bull****
doesn't illustrate your points worth a ****. I appreciated the links
you provided for Mr Stocker, really, it was a learning experience. But
we could do without your lame ass MTBR diatribes here. But this IS an
ALT group, and you're free to "color" your responses any way you want.
But as you do, be expecting a reply from someone like me.

Gee, if I hadn't set the record straight, you wouldn't have had a
chance to make yourself look like a total fool once again...

Thanks for setting the record straight then. I really wouldn't want
that to happen.....hehehehe

Dave (does anyone really care WHAT I look like?)

Old July 1st 03, 06:00 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

wrote:

|ROTFLMAO!

|"what Pete lead this thread into"

|Yeah, heaven forbid that someone who has four years of experience
|riding a Bow Ti comment on how they really ride, rather than letting
|some inaccurate assumptions stand.
|
|WOW I am impressed. You really are someone with experience. Did it
|require your particular "patented" Fagerlin response? Abusive bull****
|doesn't illustrate your points worth a ****.

LOL! "abusive bull****"?

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more idiotic, you come up
with this.

Are you this fragile in real life?

I appreciated the links
|you provided for Mr Stocker, really, it was a learning experience. But
|we could do without your lame ass MTBR diatribes here. But this IS an
|ALT group, and you're free to "color" your responses any way you want.
|But as you do, be expecting a reply from someone like me.

I always anticipate relies from thin-skinned hypocritical delicate
flowers, but thanks for the useless advice anyway

p.s. "diatribe"? If you view a discussion of the relative merits of
various URts to be a diatribe, you need to go grab a dictionary.

Old July 1st 03, 06:03 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:44:43 -0400, Dave W wrote:

|On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:43:46 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n
wrote:

|On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:12:56 -0400, Dave W wrote:
|

||Haven't you figured that out yet? It's Pete "never wrong" Fagerlin. As
||soon as you realize this you'll save yourself a whole lot of crap,
||like you just went through.
|
|If you had any experience with the Bow Ti, you would understand how
|silly the other Dave's assumptions are.
|
|Since you don't, and you're just post humping again, I guess you're
|just in the mood to make yourself look like a total idiot, again.
|
|p.s. Where have I ever claimed that I'm "never wrong" fruitloop?
|
|Here's my question for you Petey; Where did I ever say you where
|wrong?

Uh, Dave, put down the bong and read what you wrote.

And go see that doc about the post-humping again. Your latest meds
aren't working anymore.