Handle Bar Project started

Old April 15th 05, 12:52 AM
glopal

Default Handle Bar Project started

I have finally stopped planning it and talking about it and took some
action, I hacked up and old bike (it felt good ), then talked to the
welding teacher at my school who had a student help me out, here is what
I have so far (The grainy quality is because I used my webcam)

[image: http://img62.echo.cx/img62/4713/picture15lj.jpg]
[image: http://img180.echo.cx/img180/32/picture28xl.jpg]
[image: http://img180.echo.cx/img180/9982/picture36nl.jpg]

Now here is a problem I have been debating on, where it should be in
relation to myself and the seat? Like the main purpose of this handle
is to take some weight off the seat. If I have my back straight, how
much bend in my arms should their be in reaching the handles? Also what
kind of angle should the handles be at? I know those are some difficult
and perhaps a bit vague questions, but if you have something similar to
the above, I'd appreiciate your oppinion.

--
glopal - Mike Menzies
glopal's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3872

Old April 15th 05, 02:09 AM
unicyclepa

they look good im thinking of doing the same thing

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old April 15th 05, 02:19 AM
James_Potter

I think you should angle them up just a little bit, but not too much.
that would be the most comfortable, methinks.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old April 15th 05, 02:51 AM
leeman180

Very nice. You could compare it to the 'GB4 HANDLE'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=576) and see how you
want it positioned. Try to find a picture with the GB handle on the
seat.

-Lee

--
leeman180 - i should be out riding

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff - My Gallery
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old April 15th 05, 04:23 PM
joemc

Pics of my similar style handle at:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuu71/Handle1
and
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuu71/Handle2

I mounted mine from the seatpost, the idea being to then lighten the
seat and make it more flexible, to improve comfort. (11 months on and
I've still not done anything to the saddle, I really should buy the new
cover etc and get on with it)

This has worked well, it's bombproof stiff, and easily adjustable for
height / angle. one thing to note is that the ends of the handles take a
pounding during UPD's, and often need filing smooth again.

--
joemc - mostly harmless
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389

Old April 15th 05, 04:37 PM
pdc

joemc wrote:
*Pics of my similar style handle at:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuu71/Handle1
and
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuu71/Handle2

I mounted mine from the seatpost, the idea being to then lighten the
seat and make it more flexible, to improve comfort. (11 months on and
I've still not done anything to the saddle, I really should buy the
new cover etc and get on with it)

This has worked well, it's bombproof stiff, and easily adjustable for
height / angle. one thing to note is that the ends of the handles take
a pounding during UPD's, and often need filing smooth again. *

Very cool handle bar!!!

--
pdc - That's my boy!
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Cycle Saturation Project John Hearns UK 0 April 11th 05 02:07 PM
29'er handle? Erin Unicycling 22 July 11th 04 07:30 AM
Coker handle solution Krashin'Kenny Unicycling 17 March 26th 04 04:25 AM
Uni project day showard Unicycling 10 October 15th 03 05:00 PM
reeder seat handle zach_jucha Unicycling 16 September 9th 03 08:44 PM