Could Key West be a bike model for America?

Old October 30th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

I'm sure many people here have been already to Key West, so we can
talk a common language. Well, for those who don't, you see a lot of
bicycles around town, with some of the major streets having bike
lanes. There's also scooters and EVs, which goes to mean that SMALL IS
BETTER down there.

Not Main Street, America, right?

So could the be a model for the future of America, not far-fetched
models like Holland that would take a revolution (mine) and the firing
of our politicians, just an acceptance of civilized behavior among our
fellow Americans? In other words, CAN WE LEAVE THE JUNGLE BEHIND?

'Face it: Bigger is better. Since it's a jungle out there, where the
meek get eaten for lunch, if you wanna be Tarzan, you'd better swing a
bigger club.'

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ild/index.html

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old October 30th 08, 07:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

On Oct 30, 12:09*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

snip

**** off.

Old October 30th 08, 08:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. Is there something about this guy I don't know?

Old October 30th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

On Oct 30, 1:57*pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? *All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. *This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." *This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. *Is there something about this guy I don't know?

He's a cross-posting, attention-seeking, ****ing idiot and continually
posts his nonsensical crap to motorcycle newsgroups.
Old October 30th 08, 09:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 30, 3:57*pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? *All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. *This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." *This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. *Is there something about this guy I don't know?

I think it has to do with the sheep NOT wanting to hear the truth. Of
course, I'm the black sheep.

Funny, Key West is also a paradise for motorcyclists, like that
brutish one that said, "F-ck off."
Old October 30th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ben Kaufman

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:42:43 -0700 (PDT), KingOfTheApes
wrote:

On Oct 30, 3:57*pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? *All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. *This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." *This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. *Is there something about this guy I don't know?

I think it has to do with the sheep NOT wanting to hear the truth. Of
course, I'm the black sheep.

Funny, Key West is also a paradise for motorcyclists, like that
brutish one that said, "F-ck off."

You can probably also rationalize the hundreds of other messages you've spewed
to rec.motorcycles over the years including such pseudonyms as Don Quixote, and
the king of the jungle crap. I ride a bicycle too and also participate on some
of the bicycle newsgroups but I don't cross post it to my motorcycle groups.

Ben
Old October 30th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

In addition to cross-posting, "King of Apes" probably cross-dresses
while playing with his 'banana' too, as he's a pathetic motorcycle
groupie.

Old October 31st 08, 12:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 30, 12:09*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

I own the road wether it's on a bicycle or a motorcycle, so the
whining and ****ing and moaning of wimpy shrimps like you means next
to nothing. No do toddle off and ignore the next railroad warning you
see.
--
Keith
Old October 31st 08, 12:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 30, 1:57*pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? *All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. *This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." *This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. *Is there something about this guy I don't know?

He's a ****ing troll. Just another unthinking sheep that thinks the
world should be the way he wants it to be. Silly lamb doesn't realize
that the key is to take what you want and give nothing back. I take
the middle of the road for my half... ;^)

--
Keith
Old October 31st 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

On Oct 30, 6:12*pm, "S'mee" wrote:
On Oct 30, 1:57*pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:

OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? *All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. *This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." *This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. *Is there something about this guy I don't know?

He's a ****ing troll. Just another unthinking sheep that thinks the
world should be the way he wants it to be. Silly lamb doesn't realize
that the key is to take what you want and give nothing back. I take
the middle of the road for my half... ;^)

--
Keith

FWIW, Key West is an OK place to bicycle but nothing special. Same
with the rest of the keys.