culture of fear

Old May 31st 11, 05:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Shirley Nott[_2_]

Default culture of fear

Geoff Lock wrote:
On 31/05/2011 2:26 PM, Shirley Nott wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
On 31/05/2011 1:11 PM, Shirley Nott wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
On 29/05/2011 2:58 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 29/05/2011 7:33 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I came across this, and feel it's very important, especially to
bicycle advocacy.

http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpres...ar-of-cycling/

Interesting article and highly recommended reading although a tad
long
for some but then it was probably written by someone who tort long
and
hard about the subject.

hope that was the Eye dialect spelling of thought.

"tort", "thought", who cares - i don't it's usenet and grammar or
spelling are the least of my problems

once upon a time i used to post the way i spoke and then i realised it
was quite difficult to read as i had difficulties following my own
babblings i still do have problems following my own posts but i
guess
practice is the only way i'm gonna get good at anyfing, eh?

Think a little about what you just wrote...

I did, which is why I wrote it the way I did write it

So you understand that practicing being an idiot will ultimately make
you a perfect idiot.

Practice makes perfect and it looks like we are both getting lots of it
in these last coupla posts. Or have you already perfected it?

BTW, are you trolling?

Of course not.

Shirley Nott.

Old May 31st 11, 10:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
[...]

show them this when they pick on you.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg.
Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a
wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I
awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs
too.
Old May 31st 11, 01:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 31/05/2011 4:12 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
On 29/05/2011 2:58 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 29/05/2011 7:33 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I came across this, and feel it's very important, especially to
bicycle advocacy.

http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpres...ar-of-cycling/

Interesting article and highly recommended reading although a tad long
for some but then it was probably written by someone who tort long and
hard about the subject.

hope that was the Eye dialect spelling of thought.

"tort", "thought", who cares - i don't it's usenet and grammar or
spelling are the least of my problems

once upon a time i used to post the way i spoke and then i realised it
was quite difficult to read as i had difficulties following my own
babblings i still do have problems following my own posts but i guess
practice is the only way i'm gonna get good at anyfing, eh?

Actually the word "tort" means ---

"–noun Law .
a wrongful act, not including a breach of contract or trust, that
results in injury to another's person, property, reputation, or the
like, and for which the injured party is entitled to compensation."

and this is a long way from the meaning you inferred.

Old May 31st 11, 02:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
[...]

So what about "I tort I saw a puddy cat"

Old May 31st 11, 07:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 31/05/2011 7:08 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Tue, 31 May 2011
04:12:55 +1000, writing in aus.bicycle:

On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
On 29/05/2011 2:58 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 29/05/2011 7:33 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I came across this, and feel it's very important, especially to
bicycle advocacy.

http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpres...ar-of-cycling/

Interesting article and highly recommended reading although a tad long
for some but then it was probably written by someone who tort long and
hard about the subject.

hope that was the Eye dialect spelling of thought.

"tort", "thought", who cares - i don't it's usenet and grammar or
spelling are the least of my problems

I'm very tolerant of how other people post messages.
Some newsgroups I frequent people who post are using English as a second
language. US posters are using an American version of English.

Hey it's Erik!!! How yer be, matey? I was kinda wondering where the
hell yer been Hope all things are good your way - well, as good as
they can be anywayz You still terrorising your neighbourhood on the
trike? Bet you are

Tolerance and patience are things one learns - I think. Dunno anybody
born tolerant and/or patient Some people acquire these qualities due
to experiences in life, some don't.

I've already read some of the other followups to your post. Surely if
they don't like your posts they could filter you out instead of starting
an argument. ;-)

I have no doubt that my posts are filtered by untold millions on Usenet
whenever and wherever I post.

As far as arguments go, I prefer not to argue here in this newsgroup cos
if the topic is related to cycling, I am probably wrong as I suspect
there are many here who are miles ahead of me re matters cycling, and if
it is NOT related to cycling, it is OT and it's a waste of bandwidth.

Good on you Geoff, just to let you know you haven't been filtered out
here. :-)

Heheheheh, thanks mate You made my day
Old May 31st 11, 08:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
[...]

Context, old chap, context PLUS sheer laziness on my part I am so
lazy that I am even prepared to let you win your point so that I don't
need to debate it
Old May 31st 11, 08:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
[...]

Hahahahah!! I am glad I don't have to try to answer that cos my brain
just exploded
Old June 1st 11, 04:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 30/05/2011 8:59 PM, Rob wrote:
[...]

You had a way out when I wrote "hope that was the Eye dialect spelling
of thought.

Dutch culture? Plano Dude Racing 2 August 8th 10 02:29 PM
Cycling culture in NL. Simon Mason UK 8 April 17th 09 11:05 PM
NY cycling culture Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 2 October 11th 08 05:12 PM
Ed Dolan the Great on Culture Woland99 Techniques 0 September 11th 08 12:32 AM
Dutch culture Simon Mason UK 61 May 25th 04 10:19 PM