WHOOPS! "Reminder: Mountain Biking Can Be Dangerous"

Old June 25th 13, 03:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! "Reminder: Mountain Biking Can Be Dangerous"

Go to this website, to see the other links.

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/unc...-be-dangerous/

Reminder: Mountain Biking Can Be Dangerous

Posted on July 21, 2010 by jeff

I’m not sure what’s going on but the news over the past three days has been full of mountain bike related accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Maybe it’s the weather that’s putting more people on their bikes or maybe it’s just coincidence. Either way, hopefully this post serves as a reminder to ride within your limits to avoid ending your season early (or worse, permanently). In case you missed it:
Local Youth Pastor Breaks Neck Mountain Biking (Missouri)
12-year-old Dies After Summer Camp Mountain Bike Accident (Colorado)
Police airlift Bedminster man who broke leg mountain biking (New Jersey)
Man Dies After Serious Mountain Bike Fall (Australia)
Injured Mountain Biker Rescued West of Bend (Oregon)
Lost Mountain Bikers Rescued from Eagan Park (Minnesota)

Again, this is just 3 days worth of headlines. And beyond the headlines there are easily dozens more cases each day of mountain bikers suffering from heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and dehydration on the trail. Ride smart this summer to avoid mountain biking injuries!

Related posts:
Huck N Roll Coupon Reminder
The Most Dangerous Mountain Bike Trails in the World
Mountain biking dental injuries
When Mountain Biking is a Crime: Tickets and Fines
Mountain biking season just getting started in California, Australia
Old June 25th 13, 03:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

So what? Hiking can also be dangerous if you are unprepared. Dangerous wildlife,extreme weather changes, poor gear, insufficient food/water are some issues to be addressed for any multi day hiker. Mountain biking is not the only risky outdoors activity. Upstairs for thinking Vandepenisbreath.
Old June 25th 13, 05:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, June 24, 2013 7:41:26 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
So what? Hiking can also be dangerous if you are unprepared. Dangerous wildlife,extreme weather changes, poor gear, insufficient food/water are some issues to be addressed for any multi day hiker. Mountain biking is not the only risky outdoors activity. Upstairs for thinking Vandepenisbreath.

Swearing is a good sign that you don't know what you are talking about, and have lost the argument. Rational people don't need to swear.
Old June 25th 13, 05:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, June 24, 2013 9:45:39 PM UTC-7, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Monday, June 24, 2013 7:41:26 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:

So what? Hiking can also be dangerous if you are unprepared. Dangerous wildlife,extreme weather changes, poor gear, insufficient food/water are some issues to be addressed for any multi day hiker. Mountain biking is not the only risky outdoors activity. Upstairs for thinking Vandepenisbreath.

Swearing is a good sign that you don't know what you are talking about, and have lost the argument. Rational people don't need to swear.

Hiking is not an extreme(ly dangerous) sport; mountain biking is.
Old June 25th 13, 08:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Bullocks. It depends on where you go, how prepared you are, your skill level and what time of the year to name a few variables. For Example, A 6 day solo off track hike in fiordland national park in New Zealand during winter is way more dangerous than a beginner trail at Rotorua in New Zealand. Maybe you should think about your posts more before you write them? I don't think know much more hiking or mountain biking.
Old June 25th 13, 08:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Bullocks. It depends on where you go, how prepared you are, your skill level and what time of the year to name a few variables. For example, a 6 day solo off-track hike in fiordland national park in New Zealand during winter is way more dangerous than a 2km beginner trail at Rotorua in New Zealand. I know this well as i am an avivd hiker and mountain biker. Maybe you should think about your posts more before you write them?
Old June 25th 13, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:10:37 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Bullocks. It depends on where you go, how prepared you are, your skill level and what time of the year to name a few variables. For example, a 6 day solo off-track hike in fiordland national park in New Zealand during winter is way more dangerous than a 2km beginner trail at Rotorua in New Zealand.. I know this well as i am an avivd hiker and mountain biker. Maybe you should think about your posts more before you write them?

1. You can't stop swearing -- a perfect sign that you have lost.
2. You can't stick to the subject. Backpacking has nothing to do with hiking. We are talking about trips that last under a day. It's obvious to everyone except mountain bikers (it's also obvious to them, but they don't have the guts to admit it) that mountain biking is an extreme sport and hiking is not. DUH!
Old June 25th 13, 10:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:35:36 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:10:37 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:

Bullocks. It depends on where you go, how prepared you are, your skill level and what time of the year to name a few variables. For example, a 6 day solo off-track hike in fiordland national park in New Zealand during winter is way more dangerous than a 2km beginner trail at Rotorua in New Zealand. I know this well as i am an avivd hiker and mountain biker. Maybe you should think about your posts more before you write them?

1. You can't stop swearing -- a perfect sign that you have lost.

2. You can't stick to the subject. Backpacking has nothing to do with hiking. We are talking about trips that last under a day. It's obvious to everyone except mountain bikers (it's also obvious to them, but they don't have the guts to admit it) that mountain biking is an extreme sport and hiking is not. DUH!

Nice try old man. What a pathetic and poorly thought out response. I can tell you are inexperienced when it comes to the outdoors. You are the only who is changing the subject to divert attention from your own ignorance.
Old June 25th 13, 10:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:06:18 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:35:36 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:10:37 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote: Bullocks.. It depends on where you go, how prepared you are, your skill level and what time of the year to name a few variables. For example, a 6 day solo off-track hike in fiordland national park in New Zealand during winter is way more dangerous than a 2km beginner trail at Rotorua in New Zealand. I know this well as i am an avivd hiker and mountain biker. Maybe you should think about your posts more before you write them? 1. You can't stop swearing -- a perfect sign that you have lost. 2. You can't stick to the subject. Backpacking has nothing to do with hiking. We are talking about trips that last under a day. It's obvious to everyone except mountain bikers (it's also obvious to them, but they don't have the guts to admit it) that mountain biking is an extreme sport and hiking is not. DUH! Nice try old man. What a pathetic and poorly thought out response. I can tell you are inexperienced when it comes to the outdoors. You are the only who is changing the subject to divert attention from your own ignorance.

The subject is the harm that mountain biking does. Stick to the subject. The newsgroup title is "alt.mountain-bike", not "Mike Vandeman". DUH! You refuse to stick to the subject, because you know you can't win there.
Old June 25th 13, 10:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

[...]

Disrespecting your elders is about as low as it is possible to go. Where do you think you came from?! You are disgusting.