A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Driver threatens to break cyclist’s neck in bout of road rage near Richmond Park



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 20th 15, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,513
Default Driver threatens to break cyclist’s neck in bout of road rage near Richmond Park

When the driver threatens to punch and kill the cyclists, the rider asks
why he hasn’t done so. The driver replied: “because there’s a witness,
otherwise I’d break your f*cking neck.”

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/...6MgFLqMlrCU.99
Ads
  #2  
Old August 20th 15, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,921
Default Driver threatens to break cyclist's neck in bout of road ragenear Richmond Park

On Thursday, 20 August 2015 11:13:15 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
When the driver threatens to punch and kill the cyclists, the rider asks
why he hasn't done so. The driver replied: "because there's a witness,
otherwise I'd break your f*cking neck."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/...6MgFLqMlrCU.99


I seem to recall a famous cycling lawyer getting a conviction out of a driver that had made verbal death threats to him after a similar altercation. You just can't go around telling people that you are going to kill them.



  #3  
Old August 20th 15, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,513
Default Driver threatens to break cyclist's neck in bout of road ragenear Richmond Park

On 20/08/2015 14:49, Alycidon wrote:
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 11:13:15 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
When the driver threatens to punch and kill the cyclists, the rider asks
why he hasn't done so. The driver replied: "because there's a witness,
otherwise I'd break your f*cking neck."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/...6MgFLqMlrCU.99


I seem to recall a famous cycling lawyer getting a conviction out of a driver that had made verbal death threats to him after a similar altercation. You just can't go around telling people that you are going to kill them.



Aye, but what I find hard to understand, is why there are so many
drivers that can't control their tempers, especially when it's the
drivers that have caused the problem initially, which appears to be in
most cases.
  #4  
Old August 25th 15, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Driver threatens to break cyclist's neck in bout of road rage near Richmond Park

Bod wrote:

On 20/08/2015 14:49, Alycidon wrote:
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 11:13:15 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
When the driver threatens to punch and kill the cyclists, the rider asks
why he hasn't done so. The driver replied: "because there's a witness,
otherwise I'd break your f*cking neck."


http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/...eatens-to-brea
k-cyclists-neck-in-bout-of-road-rage-near-richmond-park-video-174708#sRs
dP6MgFLqMlrCU.99

I seem to recall a famous cycling lawyer getting a conviction out of a
driver that had made verbal death threats to him after a similar
altercation. You just can't go around telling people that you are going
to kill them.



Aye, but what I find hard to understand, is why there are so many
drivers that can't control their tempers, especially when it's the
drivers that have caused the problem initially, which appears to be in
most cases.


in this guys case, he just seem to be angry and some though that he was
on something, ironicly his cafes where popular with roadies.

He did suffer a tad with a internet lych mob, including finding a
reflection of his dick as he'd weighed himself, on twitter and the like.

though there was a benny hill swearing removed youtube back in June when
this came out.

Roger
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police hunt road rage cyclist after attack on bus driver Mrcheerful UK 1 July 17th 14 06:44 PM
Road rage driver fined 200 quid thanks to helmet cam. Simon Mason[_4_] UK 15 June 30th 11 11:52 PM
How to deal with driver road rage. Simon Mason[_4_] UK 19 November 10th 10 06:54 PM
road rage in LA (w/ physician driver) damyth Techniques 10 July 19th 08 03:00 PM
Perth road rage redux - driver charged phillip brown Australia 6 February 28th 08 05:49 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.