Why is Performance and Nashbar Customer Service so bad?

Old April 5th 05, 07:24 PM
Colorado Bicycler

I've never had a problem with either - hope that continues

Old April 6th 05, 06:42 AM
maxo

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:41:51 +0000, Gooserider wrote:

"maxo" wrote in message
news
I've mentioned on here before that my LBS's are so horrendous that I'll
put up with almost anything regarding ordering on the web to avoid them,
but...

Why are Nashbar and Performance so bloody clueless?

Sorry to hear you've had such problems. I have ordered from Performance
since the 80s and have never encountered a problem OR a rude rep.

Been ordering from them since I was in high school (mid eighties) and it
just seems to have gotten bad in the last couple years. Maybe just bad
luck--I was in a **** poor mood when I posted, a long ride mitigated that.
:P

Old April 7th 05, 04:39 PM
maxo

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:20:58 +0000, maxo wrote:

Today I emailed Performance about subbing one tire for another as the
original was backordered a few weeks. I stated, "Please sub xxx for yyy or
please credit my account." Simple right? The mailed back, "We will be
shipping the original order when we receive our shipment of tires." Gahh!
Who wants to wait a month for shipment 500 miles away?!

It took another firm but polite email and I got my problem resolved with
that old great service I remembered. Nice.

Old April 10th 05, 09:59 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"maxo" wrote in message
news
I've mentioned on here before that my LBS's are so horrendous that I'll
put up with almost anything regarding ordering on the web to avoid them,
but...

Why are Nashbar and Performance so bloody clueless?

I've been ordering from Nashbar since before it was Nashbar (Bike Warehouse
was the earlier name IIRC), and I can't recall ever having a non-resolvable
problem. I sent back one of their private-label cycle computers once, after
it failed after a couple of weeks, with no problem.

Mavic Open Pro/Campy Record Wheels from Performance Bike rmhcyclist Techniques 21 March 9th 05 08:42 PM
Performance Bike still SUX SaintDan General 43 December 11th 03 05:01 AM
Performance Bike still SUX SaintDan Marketplace 35 December 11th 03 05:01 AM
Would this work? NY Rides General 9 October 1st 03 01:43 AM
Performance Bike - Terrible Service Jpfler General 1 September 12th 03 05:18 AM