Something Strange turned into someone great - The Sequel

Old April 8th 05, 03:45 PM
Neil Brooks

"Maggie" wrote:

Neil Cherry wrote:

Hey she's going to have to learn about snot-rockets some day. ;-)

I don't think I will google snot-rockets. I have a feeling this is
something I really do not want to know or need to know.

As a Mom, I had enought snot wiping of noses to last a lifetime. I
don't want to even pursue adult snot rockets.

See, that's the thing: *you* don't have to pursue *them*

:-)
Old April 8th 05, 03:58 PM
Roger Zoul

GaryG wrote:
"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

I keep thinking about how much spandex I own. I have a lot. I have
shorts, I have the ones that come just below the knee, I have long
ones and even a pair of really ridiculously short ones. I also
have spandex tops.

You can wear some of this stuff on the bike. The bottoms that just
come below the knee and down to the ankles you can wear in the fall
and winter over your shorts, when it's dry. I wore an old pair from
my aerobics days this afternoon, the last pair I have that I haven't
completely shredded. I did catch the fabric on the SPD pedals when I
was hoisting the tandem up

on
top of the car (god, that is such a pain!), so shredding is in
progress.

The spandex tops you can wear on the bike in the summer. The biggest
disadvantage to them is that they don't have those handy back
pockets like bike jerseys have.

Shhhhh...don't tell Maggie about the pockets on the backs of bike
jerseys!

As a delicate flower from small town Jersey, we need to be gentle
with her and not reveal too many of our outlandish traditions in too
short a timespan, lest it cause her to become twitterpated beyond all
hope of recovery.

And we most definitely should not reveal the secret cyclist's
handshake until after she's completed her first century (metric
permitted). The knowledge of that (and the body parts involved),
could stop the poor girl's heart in an instant.

Hey - I did my first English century last December....I seem to have missed
out on the secret cyclist handshake. I want to make sure I know before
Maggie finds out what it is.
I need to feel superior to somebody!

Old April 8th 05, 03:59 PM
Roger Zoul

"Maggie" wrote in message
[...]

Hey - she'll need to learn how to say clear of them!

Old April 8th 05, 04:00 PM
Roger Zoul

Maggie wrote:
Neil Cherry wrote:

Hey she's going to have to learn about snot-rockets some day. ;-)

I don't think I will google snot-rockets. I have a feeling this is
something I really do not want to know or need to know.

Er, you really don't wish to remain ignorant of snot-rockets - especially if
one is headed your way.

As a Mom, I had enought snot wiping of noses to last a lifetime. I
don't want to even pursue adult snot rockets.

All good things,
Mags

Old April 8th 05, 04:12 PM
Maggie

Roger Zoul wrote:
Hey - I did my first English century last December....I seem to have

missed
out on the secret cyclist handshake. I want to make sure I know

before
Maggie finds out what it is. I need to feel superior to somebody!

Not to worry love. Everyone in this NG will always feel vastly
superior to me. I'm sure you will find out the secret handshake before
I do. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

Maggie...googling secret bicycle handshake.
;-)

Old April 9th 05, 04:20 PM

I speculate it might be a reference to Mr Flintstone. Usually refers
to a cyclist not following traffic laws or not the latest in cycling
wear. Similar to nerd for a computer person.

P.S. Do you sign in as maggie on http://www.bikejournal.com and doing
the Virtual RAAM Challenge tracking?