Give him 10 to 20 I say

Old July 24th 13, 12:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Default Give him 10 to 20 I say

It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter
Old July 24th 13, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:35:43 AM UTC-4, atriage wrote:
It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter

Seems from the sentence given to him the, "life is so cheap".

Doesn't seem like justice when the bicyclist admits he never even attempted to slow down.

Cheers
Old July 24th 13, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 24/07/2013 15:29, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:35:43 AM UTC-4, atriage wrote:
It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter

Seems from the sentence given to him the, "life is so cheap".

Doesn't seem like justice when the bicyclist admits he never even attempted to slow down.

On the other foot there's an old guy in Scotland who's killed two
cyclists in separate accidents, both of which he was at fault for and he
hasn't done any jail time, the second time the judge said there was no
point in sending him to prison. I think I'll do a bank job and see if
the same argument can be used.

Old July 25th 13, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:35:43 AM UTC-4, atriage wrote:
It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter

Seems from the sentence given to him the, "life is so cheap".

Doesn't seem like justice when the bicyclist admits he never even attempted
to slow down.

The bloke was over 70 and a damned foreigner. What was
his life really worth?

Accidents happen! And, besides, it was his own damned
fault. Pedestrians should always look both ways before
crossing a road. Traffic lights don't necessarily confer
safety - only right of way. You can have the right of way
but still end up dead if you walk out in front of oncoming
traffic. That's what me mum taught me.

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 26th 13, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 26/07/2013 00:32, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:35:43 AM UTC-4, atriage wrote:
It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter

Seems from the sentence given to him the, "life is so cheap".

Doesn't seem like justice when the bicyclist admits he never even attempted
to slow down.

The bloke was over 70 and a damned foreigner. What was
his life really worth?

4 shillings and sixpence.

Accidents happen! And, besides, it was his own damned
fault. Pedestrians should always look both ways before
crossing a road. Traffic lights don't necessarily confer
safety - only right of way. You can have the right of way
but still end up dead if you walk out in front of oncoming
traffic. That's what me mum taught me.

Did she teach you how to bake your cycling shoes too.
Pro tip...never microwave them.
Old July 26th 13, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

eb.com...
wrote in message
[...]

No, it has to be a conventional oven and one must pay
attention to the correct temperature and time in order
to get the molding process right. But, it has nothing to
do with the soles coming off because I can produce
about 4000 watts pulling up. The glue has GOT to be
quality stuff and not some cheap Chinese version.

But, what would you scrawny little wannabe cyclists
know about all that?

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 26th 13, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

eb.com...
wrote in message
[...]

That's nothing, I have to wear red shades to compensate for the light
being blue shifted in front of me when I'm riding hard.

Old July 26th 13, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:32:19 PM UTC-4, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
wrote in message

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:35:43 AM UTC-4, atriage wrote:

It's about time these scofflaw cyclists get what they deserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/j...t-manslaughter

Seems from the sentence given to him the, "life is so cheap".

Doesn't seem like justice when the bicyclist admits he never even attempted

to slow down.

The bloke was over 70 and a damned foreigner. What was

his life really worth?

Accidents happen! And, besides, it was his own damned

fault. Pedestrians should always look both ways before

crossing a road. Traffic lights don't necessarily confer

safety - only right of way. You can have the right of way

but still end up dead if you walk out in front of oncoming

traffic. That's what me mum taught me.

--

Sir Gregory

+1 on the Trollmeter. PLONK!
Old July 26th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

"atriage" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 26/07/2013 01:48, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
eb.com...
wrote in message
[...]

LOL! Good try but blue and red shift doesn't work from a
relativistic standpoint for an observer who moves fast.

If you knew anything about physics you'd know that red
and blue shift is a function of objects going away and
coming towards a (stationary) observer's reference at
relativistic speeds.

HTH !

OTOH, I've had to get a special permit that exempts me
from creating sonic booms at ground level.

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 26th 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 26/07/2013 20:41, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
"atriage" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 26/07/2013 01:48, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
eb.com...
wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, it helps me to know that you have no understanding of physics,
there is absolutely no difference between an object moving towards an
observer or the observer moving towards the object, at relativistic
speeds the light from the object will still be blue-shifted relative to
the observer. Have you found some nice strong thread to sew up your
shoes yet idiot?.

I give up Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 2 March 25th 12 09:21 AM
Don't give $20 - Give Plenty Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 August 14th 11 02:28 AM
Give me inertia or give me death (what the heck, give me both...) Ralph Barone Techniques 5 January 28th 08 03:25 AM
give me a minute, give u all suprise the likelove Unicycling 0 July 14th 07 12:22 PM
can someone give a pic? musketman Unicycling 5 April 3rd 05 04:41 AM