New Airless Tire Concepts Honestly Discussed

Old September 6th 12, 07:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
TireDesigner TireDesigner is offline
Banned

Location: Florida
Default New Airless Tire Concepts Honestly Discussed

Greetings,
My name is Hugh and I design tires at Tire Bank.
Please read my White Paper Interviews and I will be happy to answer any questions.
Please read all the interviews before you ask questions.
There are three areas of technology:

Airless Tires
#1 Airless Tire Industry Heating Up
http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview1.asp

#2 Airless Tire Reduces Effort By 50%
http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview2.asp

Solid Inserts, Tire Corking
#3 Solid Tubes To Exceed 100M Sales
http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview3.asp

All of these offer promise so I wish to start some good dialogue and clear up any misunderstandings there are about the airless technologies.
In disclosure, I sell a lot of rubber tires (a lot) but I also sell and design airless tires. I am one of the few people in the world that can talk about both. These means I can put tires in a frame of reference to help people understand where the airless products fit in.

Please use this opportunity to find out what airless products can and can't do. Please be polite and respectful to all.
Thank you
Old September 6th 12, 07:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Randy Kehrt

Hugh,

My recumbent uses 650 cm size tires.
My bicycle is a Volae Team recumbent.
Can YOU make a air free tire for me?

Randy

Old September 6th 12, 10:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
TireDesigner TireDesigner is offline
Banned

Location: Florida

Dear Randy,
Thank you for your inquiry. At this time there aren't any airless options for a 650c tire. However we should be able to create a Tire Cork in that size at some point in the future. Until then, any tire with a Vectran breaker or multiple layers of puncture protection will be all you can hope for. The Panaracer Closer Plus has a protection layer in it and the Continental Ultra Gatorskin is about as tough a tire I think you can find in that size. Over the last three years I've seen a decline in the number and diversity of 650c tires, so finding tires like the Marathon Plus might be hard. I wished I could help you more.
Thank you
Hugh

#1 Airless Tire Industry Heating Up

http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview1.asp

#2 Airless Tire Reduces Effort By 50%

Old September 6th 12, 10:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
TireDesigner wrote:

My name is Hugh and I design tires at Tire Bank. Please read my White
Paper Interviews and I will be happy to answer any questions. Please
read all the interviews before you ask questions. There are three
areas of technology:

[...]

Hmmmm. I start very definitely on the sceptical side. But I did find
the "interviews" interesting, and you seemed to make sense from the
engineering PoV. In fact I'd go so far as to say that you seem to be
an engineer not a marketeer. (This is intended to be praise!)

You say that a lab in England tested some, it just so happens that's
where I live, could you say just who it was?

Mike

Old September 6th 12, 11:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

TireDesigner wrote:

My name is Hugh and I design tires at Tire Bank. Please read my White

Paper Interviews and I will be happy to answer any questions. Please

read all the interviews before you ask questions. There are three

areas of technology:

[...]

Hmmmm. I start very definitely on the sceptical side. But I did find

the "interviews" interesting, and you seemed to make sense from the

engineering PoV. In fact I'd go so far as to say that you seem to be

an engineer not a marketeer. (This is intended to be praise!)

You say that a lab in England tested some, it just so happens that's

where I live, could you say just who it was?

Mike

Dear Mike,
Thank you for reading the interviews and thank you for your nice words. Please send me an email to and I'll reply via email the whereabouts of the Lab and include a link where you can download a copy of the results.
Thank you
Hugh