Cycling - health benefits

Old May 28th 16, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cycling - health benefits

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Old May 28th 16, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 28/05/2016 08:58, MrCheerful wrote:
On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Cycling helps you live longer, say researchers at University of Utrecht ...
12 Oct 2015 - Cyclists are healthier and live longer than people who
don't ride bikes, new research shows. Researchers at a Dutch university
said getting on ...

Dutch cyclists have longer lives say researchers - BBC News
www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34498871
11 Oct 2015 - Researchers at the University of Utrecht, in the
Netherlands, say that Dutch cyclists live longer than people who do not
use a bike.

--
Bod
Old May 28th 16, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Hmm! strange that the only ones in our street who have Osteoperosis
or Arthritis are the ones that never cycle. They are also the ones who
are well overweight.

Everyone who cycles I see around here have flat tummies. Must be an
unusual coincidence?

--
Bod
Old May 28th 16, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
[...]

How do you know who has osteoporosis, it has no external signs? Are you
their doctor? or someone involved in other's health care? How do you
know the cyclists you see do NOT have osteoporosis?
Old May 28th 16, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
[...]

We know and talk to all of our neighbours and they tell us.

--
Bod
Old May 28th 16, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:

Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

Simple then, set a limit of 8 hours and 59 minutes.

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Apart from the headline, it doesn't say that.

Old May 28th 16, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:

Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

Simple then, set a limit of 8 hours and 59 minutes.

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Apart from the headline, it doesn't say that.

All the headline really says is "MIGHT be bad".
The world MIGHT end tomorrow..

--
Bod
Old May 28th 16, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 28 May 2016 10:43:47 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits
--
Bod

I was 11st 11lbs when I was cycle commuting - now I am 12st 12lbs. Case proven.

Old May 29th 16, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:

[...]

Exactly.
I discount anything which includes words like "might" "could" "may" etc
Also those which omit absolute values, such as percentage of men who
get prostate cancer.
After all an 0.6% incidence is 6 times an 0.1% incidence, but is still
a small risk.