FS: Eddy Merckx Custom TT Bike, Rare

Old June 26th 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John Vitek

Default FS: Eddy Merckx Custom TT Bike, Rare

Your chance to own a rare piece of Eddy Merckx history. Classic Merckx
attention to exacting detail on every part of this bike.

A fully functional speed machine in near perfect condition.

Merckx built this frame in limited production for the US continental
pro team, KodakGallery.com/Sierra Nevada team for the 2006 season. The
bikes were not produced for the consumer market. The bike I have is
clearly a pro issue frame as evidenced by the race number mount
affixed on the underside of the top tube. The paint scheme was the
team bike design. Merckx also supplied the team with their road frames
made of the same Scandium aluminum material with a carbon Easton fork,
same color design.
Here's a link to documentation. http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=8806

I've provided several photos so you can see the details of this bike.
There is a small chip in the paint topcoat on the underside of the
downtube, but the primer coat is intact.

The Zipp disc is set up with a 10 speed cassette, but (according to
Zipp) can accomodate a 9speed, 10 speed, or 11 speed.

Here are details and specs on the bike.

Frame size 54CM:
Head Tube: 11.5
Top Tube: 54 CM Center to Center
Seat Tube: 56CM Center to Top
Easton Sc7000 Scandium taper wall
Bars – FSA Vision with carbon pro clip ons
Shifters – Dura Ace
Brake levers – Cane Creek – Carbon 200TT
Stem – FSA Vision 90mm
Fork – EASTON AERO EC90 carbon
Saddle – Sella Italia Max Flite
Seat Post – Eddie Merckx
Crank – Campagnolo Record
Bottom Bracket - Campagnolo Record
Brake – Campagnolo Record
Front Derailleur – Campagnolo Record
Rear Derailleur – Campagnolo Record
Cassette – 10sp 12-25 Campagnolo Record with Dura Ace 9spd indexed bar
end shifters (in friction mode it manages the 10 speed cassette)
Front wheel – ZIPP 303
Rear wheel – ZIPP flat Disc
Tires – Vittoria Corsa EVO-CX Tubular
Skewers – Salsa aluminum

It appears that the bike has hardly been ridden. There is no wear at
all on the water cage mounts, as though a cage was never mounted.

The paint on the downtube paint has almost a sand-like texture in
mixed with the paint and appears purposeful. There is a photo that
shows certification that it is Merckx plant painted.

I'm happy to send you more photos if you desire. The details on this
machine are incredible. A rare, raceable find.

I will pack this meticulously and ship UPS in the US. Inquiries to
ship outside the US have to be negotiated.

$2,300 OBO

I can be contacted at
Old June 26th 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John Vitek

On Jun 26, 5:46*pm, John Vitek wrote:
[...]

Sorry, don't know how to upload photos to this site. I'm happy to send
photos by email on request.