This has got to be some sort of record!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 26th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default This has got to be some sort of record!

Went on a 54 mile ride today with a friend through King's Mountain State
Park. As we were winding up the last few miles we passed through the
microscopic city (yes, its a city) of Smyrna SC, two dogs started
chasing us. Well, chasing is a liberal term; they weren't barking,
snarling or biting at our heels, just running after/with us.

And running...

And running...

And running!

After two miles, one of them dropped off.

The other kept running,

and running.

After about three miles we stopped, got a plastic cup out of the gutter,
poured some water in it and offered it to the other one. Yeah, he was
still running with us, at an average speed of 12-14 miles an hour! He
wouldn't take any of he water, he just kept nuzzling for us to pet him.

After about a minute of him refusing anything other than attention, we
put the cup down, thinking he might take it, or at least stop on his way
back home, for as we continued on he continued to follow us, never
slowing. He just kept running.

And running.

And running.

And running.

We finally lost him as we pulled into the town of Hickory Grove, after
FOUR AND A HALF MILES!

What's the farthest y'all have ever been chased by the same dog?

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use: