BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

Old July 30th 04, 03:14 AM
flyingdutch

Default BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

take your running and begone from this thread you Du-aprons

--
flyingdutch

Old July 30th 04, 03:32 AM
hippy

flyingdutch Wrote:
take your running and begone from this thread you Du-aprons

But I don't wear an apron..

Hey! I said I was going to be doing a crit aftewards.. surely that
counts
as a valid excuse for missing AlpeDueEast?

On Topic: How many of the BRx riders can do the same thing on a
Saturday morning, thereby leaving Sunday free for racing?

hippy

--
hippy

Old July 30th 04, 12:53 PM
Geoff

"hippy" wrote in message

On Topic: How many of the BRx riders can do the same thing on a
Saturday morning, thereby leaving Sunday free for racing?

hippy

--
hippy

Saturday's out for me. That's road racing day until track season gets
underway again. The Sunday ride for me is a recovery ride. I don't know
what I'm going to do on Sundays once the crit season starts as it's a bit
hard to be in two places at once. I'll have to decide 100K+ hilly
AlpeDueEast ride or 130k+ easy flattish ride with a Port Melbourne Crit
thrown in. Hmmm.

Geoff

Old July 31st 04, 11:36 AM
hippy

Geoff
hippy wrote:
On Topic: How many of the BRx riders can do the same thing on a
Saturday morning, thereby leaving Sunday free for racing?

Saturday's out for me. That's road racing day until track season

gets
underway again. The Sunday ride for me is a recovery ride. I don't

know
what I'm going to do on Sundays once the crit season starts as it's a

bit
hard to be in two places at once. I'll have to decide 100K+ hilly
AlpeDueEast ride or 130k+ easy flattish ride with a Port Melbourne

Crit
thrown in. Hmmm.

How often do you road race? I check the calendar and 80% of the
races are at places I've never heard of!

I'm only good in crits (at least until I work out track racing) so I'll
be doing
any Blackburn crits and Glenvale plus any others that my legs can deal

with. Are the Port Melb. crits the ones that SKCC runs? I thought they
stopped doing those?

I've really got to weasle my way into some racing bunches so I don't
lose
track of what's going on in the Melb. race scene..

hippy
'on the outer'

--
hippy

Old July 31st 04, 12:17 PM
Geoff

"hippy" wrote in message

Geoff
hippy wrote:
On Topic: How many of the BRx riders can do the same thing on a
Saturday morning, thereby leaving Sunday free for racing?

Saturday's out for me. That's road racing day until track season

gets
underway again. The Sunday ride for me is a recovery ride. I don't

know
what I'm going to do on Sundays once the crit season starts as it's a

bit
hard to be in two places at once. I'll have to decide 100K+ hilly
AlpeDueEast ride or 130k+ easy flattish ride with a Port Melbourne

Crit
thrown in. Hmmm.

How often do you road race? I check the calendar and 80% of the
races are at places I've never heard of!

I try to race every week but until today I haven't raced since the Victorian
Metro Road Championships. Work commitments and an illness that would not go
away prevented me from racing.

Generally I race with the Northern Combine unless there is a South-Eastern
combine event that takes my fancy.

I'm only good in crits (at least until I work out track racing) so I'll
be doing
any Blackburn crits and Glenvale plus any others that my legs can deal
with. Are the Port Melb. crits the ones that SKCC runs? I thought they
stopped doing those?

Yes, the Port Melbourne Crits are the SKCC ones. We did loose our permit at
the end of the 2002/2003 season but with the brilliant work of a few
exceptional club members they returned for the 2003/2004 season. There was
a lot of work put into complying with the conditions of the new council
permit and a lot of costs were incurred regarding the signage etc required
to make the event happen as well as the cost of marshals and a police
presence.

I've really got to weasle my way into some racing bunches so I don't
lose
track of what's going on in the Melb. race scene..

At the moment the best sites for getting info on club racing would be
www.coburgcycling.com
www.blackburncycling.org.au
www.carnegiecycling.com.au
www.hawthorncycling.org

Geoff

Old August 2nd 04, 01:47 PM
hippy

Geoff
I try to race every week but until today I haven't raced since the
Victorian Metro Road Championships. Work commitments and an
illness that would not go away prevented me from racing.

Damn! I only seem to do that in summer. Are they all long scratch
races or handicaps or what? I've only ever done one handicap.. in
Mildura.

Generally I race with the Northern Combine unless there is a

South-Eastern
combine event that takes my fancy.

What exactly are the 'combines', ie. which clubs are combined into
which er.. combines?

Yes, the Port Melbourne Crits are the SKCC ones.

Will they be running for 2004/2005?

At the moment the best sites for getting info on club racing would be
www.coburgcycling.com
www.blackburncycling.org.au
www.carnegiecycling.com.au
www.hawthorncycling.org

Yeah.. more time spent on the web.. it never ends!

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 3rd 04, 01:29 PM
Geoff

"hippy" wrote in message

Are they all long scratch races or handicaps or what?

There's a bit of a mixture. The handicaps are always longer and harder than
the normal C/D Grade Scratch race. If you want a better idea of the
frequency of events just check the club calenders.

What exactly are the 'combines', ie. which clubs are combined into
which er.. combines?

Again the club sites have all the info on who's in what combines.

Yes, the Port Melbourne Crits are the SKCC ones.

Will they be running for 2004/2005?

I haven't heard anything to say that they won't. Keep an eye on
www.skcc.com.au a bit closer to the start of the summer season for more
info.

Geoff