Deciding crankarm length?

Old October 27th 05, 09:06 PM
Art Harris

Default Deciding crankarm length?

If I were you, I'd get 172.5mm cranks. For someone your height that
sounds about right. Even if it's the wrong choice, you'd only be off by
2.5mm.

Art "Com se, com sa" Harris

Old October 28th 05, 06:11 PM
Jasper Janssen

On 27 Oct 2005 13:06:37 -0700, "Art Harris" wrote:

Art "Com se, com sa" Harris

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille this
keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

Jasper
Old October 28th 05, 10:46 PM
Andrew Price

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:11:04 GMT, Jasper Janssen
wrote:

Art "Com se, com sa" Harris

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille this
keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

Ce n'est pas si difficile que ça...try alt-0231 !
Old October 29th 05, 12:43 PM
Jasper Janssen

wrote:

Art "Com se, com sa" Harris

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille this
keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

Ce n'est pas si difficile que ça...try alt-0231 !

Didn't work. I was VNCing from my mother's laptop to my own PC, which I
suspect has something to do with it. Even producing the ç locally and then
c/ping it into the VNC session failed.

Jasper
Old October 29th 05, 10:38 PM
Michael Press

In article ,
Jasper Janssen wrote:

On 27 Oct 2005 13:06:37 -0700, "Art Harris" wrote:

Art "Com se, com sa" Harris

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille this
keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

US English keyboard and preference settings, no typing of
numeric codes:

Comme ci, comme ca.
Accent acute: e
Accent grave: e
diaeresis : u o

--
Michael Press
Old October 30th 05, 01:17 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:38:15 GMT, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Jasper Janssen wrote:

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille this
keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

US English keyboard and preference settings, no typing of
numeric codes:

Comme ci, comme ca.
Accent acute: e
Accent grave: e
diaeresis : u o

So what you're saying is, ignore the funny characters, they'll recognise
it anyway? Incidentally, in French, there is no acute accent. Just an
'accent aigu', which is spelled the same as an acute accent (at least on
the computer), but which can only happen over an e. The diaeresis I find
myself using very rarely, although I regularly use Umlauts in
german-derived words, which are spelled the same (on the computer, again.
I believe typesetters might still know the difference.). Überhaupt typ ich
regelmässig aksenten.

Jasper
Old October 30th 05, 04:24 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Jasper Janssen wrote:

ITYM "Comme ci, comme 'ca", where the 'c symbolises the c-cedille
this keyboard won't let me do right now. French, and all.

US English keyboard and preference settings, no typing of
numeric codes:

Comme ci, comme ca.
Accent acute: e
Accent grave: e
diaeresis : u o

So what you're saying is, ignore the funny characters, they'll
recognise it anyway?

Us English-typers butcher our own English with horrible misspellings (not so
much in this NG than in others) so the answer is sure!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Deriving a unicycle crank length formula? unicus Unicycling 47 October 8th 05 06:41 AM
Changing crankarm length B Techniques 5 September 23rd 04 01:53 PM
Frame fit: which is more important - Frame height vs. top tube length? S o r n i Techniques 18 July 9th 04 07:17 AM
Longer crankarms Jiyang Chen Racing 129 March 18th 04 12:37 PM