Humor: Stolen from alt.mountain-bike

Old October 29th 05, 06:47 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Humor: Stolen from alt.mountain-bike

How to be a bike snob:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...lson_bike_snob

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old October 29th 05, 03:17 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
How to be a bike snob:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...lson_bike_snob

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Who read the article to the mountain bike people??

Old October 29th 05, 04:44 PM
Dave Mayer

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in
message news:v1E8f.5896$mV4.5873@dukeread02...
How to be a bike snob:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...lson_bike_snob

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Good one... Bike snobs are fun to play with, especially our local
race-oriented shops.

My winter project is to construct a mutant road bike with a mixed Suntour
and Campagnolo drivetrain. Running the numbers indicates that Campagnolo
10-speed Ergo shifters should shift a Suntour XC Pro RD with a 8-speed Sachs
cogset. My plan is to strap this stuff on a new 1985 Vitus 979 frame
(lighter than Cannondale CAAD 6) to produce an 18-pound totally-dialed-in
frankenbike in which no 2 parts match.

Its the mix of Simplex, Huret, Suntour, Mavic, Sachs and Campy components
that makes my local shop guys despair.

Ryan: you still using that 3-pulley Suntour ARX rear derailleur? That
indeed would be the finishing touch.

Old October 29th 05, 05:18 PM
Bill Sornson

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

How to be a bike snob:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...lson_bike_snob

Who read the article to the mountain bike people??

Nice one.! (Smart-ass.)

From the same post the Squid ripped off:

the bicycling food chain:
http://www.rickdenney.com/social.htm

Old October 29th 05, 09:37 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:18:19 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

the bicycling food chain:
http://www.rickdenney.com/social.htm

[upper half snipped]
bullet Tourists--Loaded, cross-country, self-guided tours

It's nice to see that at least some of the time I'm in the middle.

bullet Tourists--Loaded, cross-country, guided tours
bullet Tourists--Loaded, organized vacation group
bullet Tourists--Non-loaded, organized vacation group in mountains (e.g. Pedal the Peaks)
bullet Tourists--Non-loaded, organized vacation group in mere hills (e.g. Texas Hill Country Tour)
bullet Tourists--Weekend century riders
bullet Club riders with Fancy Road Bikes
bullet Club riders with Normal Road Bikes
bullet Club riders with Aerobars
bullet Recreational MTBers (off-road only)
bullet Commuters with fenders, panniers, and lights
bullet Commuters with panniers and lights
bullet Commuters on racing bikes
bullet The Rest of the World

The rest of the world *is* a commuter with fenders, panniers, and lights.
Why on earth are they up above race bike commuters?

Jasper
Old October 30th 05, 04:45 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article JNM8f.344278$tl2.303338@pd7tw3no,
"Dave Mayer" wrote:

[...]

For this project? It is yours.

Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM