Cyclist in the Yarra?

Old June 4th 04, 12:16 AM
theGoat

Default Cyclist in the Yarra?

Riding home last night along the Yarra/Gardiner's Creek path I notice
some brand spanking new white lines extending from the pontoon/boomgat
near McRobertson's bridge to where the path leads under the freeway
Given that such measures seem only to be taken once there has been a
accident it makes me think some poor sod has missed the path and ende
up in the drink. Anyone aware of an accident recently

-

Old June 4th 04, 12:56 AM
flyingdutch

theGoat wrote:
Riding home last night along the Yarra/Gardiner's Creek path I noticed
some brand spanking new white lines extending from the pontoon/boomgate
near McRobertson's bridge to where the path leads under the freeway.
Given that such measures seem only to be taken once there has been an
accident it makes me think some poor sod has missed the path and ended
up in the drink. Anyone aware of an accident recently?

Nope but Im not surprised

know the spot. they need paint or reflectors on them support poles too
City of Yarra have done a few spots of central-lane markings recently
The cynic in me thinks it has something to do with keeping liabilit
insurance premiums down..

Oh, and another thing... The guys fishing along there in the gloom ar
almost unspottable in the dark as they are always wearing dark clothes

-

Old June 4th 04, 12:56 AM
theGoat

flyingdutch wrote:
Nope but Im not surprised.
know the spot. they need paint or reflectors on them support poles too.
City of Yarra have done a few spots of central-lane markings recently.
The cynic in me thinks it has something to do with keeping liability
insurance premiums down...
Oh, and another thing... The guys fishing along there in the gloom are
almost unspottable in the dark as they are always wearing dark clothes!

Couldn't agree more about the fishermen. However at least many of th
joggers I have encountered recently seem to be carrying red flashin
lights. Makes spotting them a lot easier

-

Old June 4th 04, 02:15 AM
flyingdutch

theGoat wrote:
Couldn't agree more about the fishermen. However at least many of the
joggers I have encountered recently seem to be carrying red flashing
lights. Makes spotting them a lot easier.

cool. I was mesmerised a few weeks back in Nth Fitzroy when I cam u
behind what looked like a big glowbug/fly wandering around at hea
height along the path thru the darkness. Turns out it was a guy walkin
along with a headstrap arrangement with a flexible pole up off that an
a glowing light bouncing around slowly ablove him

"Dont look at the light!" "But its sooo beautiful. ZAAAAPPPP!!!
- a bug's lif

-

Old June 4th 04, 03:20 AM
cfsmtb

theGoat wrote:
Riding home last night along the Yarra/Gardiner's Creek path I noticed
some brand spanking new white lines extending from the pontoon/boomgate
near McRobertson's bridge to where the path leads under the freeway.
Given that such measures seem only to be taken once there has been an
accident it makes me think some poor sod has missed the path and ended
up in the drink. Anyone aware of an accident recently?

Hmm, must go have look at this on the weekend. Interesting

-

Cyclist scraps around the world plans Mike Kruger General 5 June 21st 04 09:23 PM
not a cyclist loki General 38 May 22nd 04 02:06 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
What Makes You A Cyclist? TheCyclist2002 General 87 March 21st 04 05:42 AM
Cyclist killed in King's Lynn - hit & run dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 20 December 17th 03 04:36 PM