Gazelle spare parts - direct from the Netherlands?

Old September 20th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
andrew.macleod

Default Gazelle spare parts - direct from the Netherlands?

Is there an address/website to order spare Gazelle parts from that
ship internationally?

I need a replacement front wheel for a Gazelle Orange City Lite (it
was nicked from outside my house!).

Thanks,
Andrew.
Old September 20th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

andrew.macleod wrote:

Is there an address/website to order spare Gazelle parts from that
ship internationally?

I need a replacement front wheel for a Gazelle Orange City Lite (it
was nicked from outside my house!).

Thanks,
Andrew.

You could try Gazelle themselves
http://www.gazelle.nl/nl/
but they will probably just refer you to their UK dealer list which
you can open he
http://www.gazellecycles.co.uk/dealers.pdf
Of that lot the oldest Gazelle dealer is Cycle Heaven in York:
www.cycle-heaven.co.uk
who even have an English instruction manual.

My experience is that Dutch dealers, unless they do it regularly, are
not keen to ship outside the Benelux. A few advertise on ebay and will
ship anywhere. I've dealt with and can recommend Piet Hagemeijer of
Hagemeijer Tweewielers
http://www.hagemeijer.nl/?page=75

Besides being good on stuff I bought for him, he also went to some
effort to find me a Fournales parallellogram front suspension for
another bike project.

German dealers are keener than the Dutch to ship overseas. A good
place to eyeball them is
www.Yatego.com. I in fact bought my Gazelle
in Germany because a Dutch dealer, friendly and willing to talk but
not willing to go to the bother of shipping such a big bike, gave me a
few tips on shopping. (Actually, his best tip was: fly over on one of
the ultracheap airlines, pick up the bike, and just pay the "sports
gear surcharge" which the airlines, then, often didn't bother to
collect. Now that rising fuel charges squeezes the airlines harder I
believe they do generally collect it. I couldn't be bothered; I spent
three minutes extra on the phone and negotiated free transport.)

However, have you considered that the front wheel in an Orange was
probably bought in by Gazelle? My Gazelle Toulouse have Rigida Stratos
rims and the wheels were not very well built at all. You can buy a
matching wheel built up with a hub dynamo anywhere. Here are some good
prices:
http://desc.shop.ebay.de/items/_W0QQ...sid=m270.l1313

HTH.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...20CYCLING.html

Old September 20th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 20, 3:51*pm, nmp wrote:
andrew.macleod wrote:
Is there an address/website to order spare Gazelle parts from that ship
internationally?

I need a replacement front wheel for a Gazelle Orange City Lite (it was
nicked from outside my house!).

Any front wheel of the same dimensions will do. Gazelle wheels are
assembled with very generic parts, as far as I know.

Generic parts, sure, but, unless Andrew's is a special Orange with
carbon parts, the wheel must have a dynamohub and be capable of taking
a rollerbrake, or have one fitted unless Andrew is capable of doing it
himself, and it must come with the shoe for the wires attached because
that little plastic thingy is hard to find without paying another big
carriage charge.

Andre Jute
On second thoughts...
Old September 20th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 20, 6:57*pm, nmp wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sep 20, 3:51*pm, nmp wrote:
andrew.macleod wrote:
Is there an address/website to order spare Gazelle parts from that
ship internationally?

I need a replacement front wheel for a Gazelle Orange City Lite (it
was nicked from outside my house!).

Any front wheel of the same dimensions will do. Gazelle wheels are
assembled with very generic parts, as far as I know.

Generic parts, sure, but, unless Andrew's is a special Orange with
carbon parts, the wheel must have a dynamohub and be capable of taking a
rollerbrake,

Not Gazelle-specific, they use Shimano parts.

Orange Lite City uses V-brakes, not rollerbrakes, and has no dynamo.
Makes it even easier. Anything goes.

Oops. Between the time I first saw Andrew's post and the time I
decided that since no one replied I had better, I'd forgotten which of
the Oranges he has. Sorry to put you to the trouble of correcting me,
and thanks. That makes it a lot easier for Andrew.

Andre Jute
Blushing.
Old September 22nd 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
andrew.macleod

On Sep 21, 7:45 pm, nmp wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sep 20, 6:57 pm, nmp wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sep 20, 3:51 pm, nmp wrote:
andrew.macleod wrote:
[...]

You're welcome. And I can only say: think before you shoot.

That makes it a lot easier for Andrew.

It's a pity Andrew did not respond to the suggestions that were given to
him. I hope he found an LBS to help him with an affordable replacement
front wheel. Cycling should be fun and not terribly expensive. IMHO.

Andre et al.

Thank you for your responses... this is going to be easier than I
thought. However, if I ever have to obtain Gazelle-specific parts, I
will try the suppliers already mentioned.

Sincerely,
Andrew.

Spare parts lying around-- best offer Mark and Doris Griffith Marketplace 0 March 9th 08 11:43 PM
Spare parts? [[[Doug]]] UK 51 January 15th 06 07:05 PM
What should I do with my spare parts? Skippii Unicycling 2 October 26th 05 12:48 PM
Campy spare parts Donald Gillies Techniques 8 April 24th 04 02:42 AM
Spare Parts? BB Mountain Biking 0 November 16th 03 12:59 AM