Heart Rate Monitor Help

Old April 26th 04, 08:11 AM
Neil Watson

Default Heart Rate Monitor Help

Hi guys, I have a Polar HRM.
My question is, if I stop for a drink and walk away from the monitors range
( I have it mounted on my bike ), well it stops, and did not restart, is
this normal.
I restarted it again, and I lost all the data from my ride till the point I
stopped.

Is this normal, or what should I do next time ?
Cheers,

Old April 26th 04, 10:38 AM
DaveB

Neil Watson wrote:
Hi guys, I have a Polar HRM.
My question is, if I stop for a drink and walk away from the monitors range
( I have it mounted on my bike ), well it stops, and did not restart, is
this normal.
I restarted it again, and I lost all the data from my ride till the point I
stopped.

Is this normal, or what should I do next time ?
Cheers,

It's normal for mine. It's the restart that killed you. Or more to the
point the lack of a restart. There's no such thing as a pause (again at
least on mine that is), just stop and start. And when you start you lose
the data from the last session.

Dave B.

Old April 26th 04, 01:02 PM
David Pascoe

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:11:30 +1000, "Neil Watson" wrote:

Hi guys, I have a Polar HRM.
My question is, if I stop for a drink and walk away from the monitors range
( I have it mounted on my bike ), well it stops, and did not restart, is
this normal.
I restarted it again, and I lost all the data from my ride till the point I
stopped.

I have the 520. With auto start, I can walk away for up to 30 minutes and the
monitor will resync with my heart beat when I return. If I suspect the coffee
stop will be longer than 30 minutes I take the receiver off the handle bars.
Sometimes I just walk back to my bike every 20 minutes and wait to see the hr
and then I get another 30 minutes.

I'd love for it to wait until _I_ say the exercise file is over, but can cope I
'spose as it also will affect the battery life.

davidp.
--
David Pascoe, , Western Australia
Old April 27th 04, 04:00 AM
byron27

Neil Watson wrote:
Hi guys, I have a Polar HRM. My question is, if I stop for a drink and
walk away from the monitors range ( Ihave it mounted on my bike ), well
it stops, and did not restart, is this normal. I restarted it again, and
I lost all the data from my ride till the point I stopped.
Is this normal, or what should I do next time ? Cheers,

I have the 520 and all i do is pause it when i stop and put the monito
on my wrist. As long as the monitor is getting a signal from the monito
belt it will remain paused for as long as you like

-

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Heart rate and training (lack of) Perry Templeton Recumbent Biking 5 May 25th 04 03:39 AM
Heart Rate Monitor findings. Simon Mason UK 40 February 27th 04 11:22 PM