LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Old April 4th 09, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/04/03...ORTLAND&st=cse
Old April 4th 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_4_]

datakoll wrote:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/04/03...ORTLAND&st=cse

better bridge:
http://www.globalafc.org/blog/blog/n...-in-vancouver/
Old April 4th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

damn ! Put a cow catcher on muh van and I didn't see them. shheeeeeet !
Old April 6th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-122.675&e=1
Old April 6th 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...and&state=OR&s...

I've got a coal fire goin' right now in the ol' Weber kettle out in
the driveway - clear sky, feels like summer, 3/4 moon, stars are out -
yeah, buddy - this is the life :-)

Old April 6th 09, 11:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Dan Overman wrote:
On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...and&state=OR&s...

I've got a coal fire goin' right now in the ol' Weber kettle out in
the driveway - clear sky, feels like summer, 3/4 moon, stars are out -
yeah, buddy - this is the life :-)

We had a minor blizzard yesterday in Iowa, with possibly more snow on
the way.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old April 6th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Apr 3, 5:33*pm, datakoll wrote:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/04/03...ortland.html?s...

What ****es me off about that article is that the guy quoted in the
opening section, Bruce Rogers, did not give me a call when he came
back in to town. Bruce, if you are out there, call me for a ride!

Bruce built Lance's first TdF shoe for Nike -- even though he had
already left Nike and was designing shoes elsewhere. He also designed
a really good saddle for an off-brand company that is still among my
most comfortable. He's a former pro skier and moved to Idaho so he
could ski out his back door, which I guess is more important than
riding "year round." (you can ride year round anywhere if you are
stupid enough).

I don't know why Portland gets so much ink -- there are lots of places
in town where it is bike unfriendly, and it is certainly no Boulder
when it comes to riding, although there are lots of nice places to
ride. The weather sucks much of the year -- except for this week (so
Dan O can have a barbeque). I think we just have a good press machine
and that the BTA is now doing for bicycles what the AAA did for cars
-- it is positively scary how much power that organization has
accumulated over the years. They are even weighing in on the design
of a proposed new interstate bridge between PDX and Vancouver, Wa. We
may soon have a bicycle fascist state in PDX! -- Jay Beattie.
Old April 6th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Jay Beattie wrote:
[...]

It's all about image, Jay:
http://www.ridepdw.com/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old April 6th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Apr 6, 11:43*am, AMuzi wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
[...]

* Open every day since 1 April, 1971- Hide quoted text -

Hey, this is our second NYT story: http://tinyurl.com/3dgshs

People from other cities are jealous because, in Portland, we put up
signs informing you when you're about to crash. http://www.flickr.com/photos/salim/19409855/
And because we have our own jacket http://tinyurl.com/d6nqq8
And a mug http://www.zazzle.com/bike_portland_...58881046607205
And our own bike -- http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...land/portland/

I mean really, once you get your own mug, you're set. Well, maybe it
takes more than a mug. http://www.cafepress.com/madisonwi.221118883
Maybe a dog shirt. http://www.cafepress.com/madisonwi.221118883 -- Jay
Beattie.
Old April 6th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Apr 6, 11:43*am, AMuzi wrote:

It's all about image, Jay: http://www.ridepdw.com/

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I got a
smile from their having named a tool "3wrencho".

Tom Ace

bob roll [email protected] Racing 1 July 18th 08 10:58 PM
Da Way You Roll??? samsta002 Unicycling 8 February 28th 08 05:16 PM
Good article in the NY Times to day about bikes & cars sharing the road Anthony A. General 2 June 5th 07 10:14 PM
Would Bob Roll maybe burn one? [email protected] Racing 1 August 15th 06 01:39 AM
Bob Roll on the 1986 TDF Michael Press Racing 0 July 4th 06 08:40 AM