Fatty Master Championships

Old May 17th 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Default Fatty Master Championships

On 5/16/2011 10:05 PM, RicodJour wrote:
You know you will eventually be made to make the decision - it's
either them or us. Dancing (gak!) or cycling. It's like swimming (or
ice cream) vs. cycling - it's unnatural and against the CONI bible.

Abandon that gay 'sport' where men touch women who are wearing
revealing clothing and kick their legs really high and simulate sex,
and come back into the fold of a bunch of men wearing uber-tight
clothing and padding their crotches. All is forgiven.

Focksticks,

There's always Liz Hatch.

Fred Flintstein
Old May 25th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 3/23/2011 2:04 AM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Mar 22, 6:24 pm, Fred
wrote:
I don't know what else to call this season. There are
no obvious top contestants. Kirstie Alley is the one
that so totally fits the viewing demographic it is
spooky. Everyone wants to like her and she didn't suck.
I'm not going to make any predictions until next week
but the early betting has her in the finals.

Athletes do well and Hines Ward has a lot of potential.
It hurts him to play in a small media market but he has
a lot of visibility in the high density east coast.
Sugar Ray Leonard has possibilities but didn't really
show much. Chris Jerico will get to go home fairly soon

FWIW, Ward plays for one of the few sports franchises
that has something amounting to a national fan base.
I see people wearing Steelers jerseys everywhere, all over
the country. I mean even more than USPS/DIscovery/Livestrong
jerseys. More Polamalu than Ward jerseys, but still. It's actually
a little sickening to me, even though I'm Pittsburgh-raised
and was a fan until I gave up football last year.

That's the problem with DWTS - no fan apparel. Not that
I necessarily want to see DWTS fans wearing what appears
to be the show's required uniforms.

Francoharrismaster Ben

Thanks for this insight. All day I was telling my family that if
the football player and the Disney star were tied on points then
Ward was a lock. Athletes, especially male ones, tend to over
perform and this is especially true for ones with a national
following. Disney stars, especially female ones, tend to under
perform. The past is a pretty good predictor of the future.