Col du Grand Colombier, second episode

Old July 11th 12, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dardruba[_2_]

Default Col du Grand Colombier, second episode

Remember the battle in the June Criterium du Dauphine when Cadel Evans
and Bradley Wiggins tormented each other on the descent of the Col du
Grand Colombier, well they get a second chance tomorrow.
Old July 12th 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 11, 1:31*pm, dardruba wrote:
Remember the battle in the June Criterium du Dauphine when Cadel Evans
and Bradley Wiggins tormented each other on the descent of the Col du
Grand Colombier, well they get a second chance tomorrow.

Did you forget to set you calendar to daylight savings time?
You're a day behind.
DR
Old July 12th 12, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 11, 5:26*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jul 11, 1:31*pm, dardruba wrote:

Remember the battle in the June Criterium du Dauphine when Cadel Evans
and Bradley Wiggins tormented each other on the descent of the Col du
Grand Colombier, well they get a second chance tomorrow.

Did you forget to set you calendar to daylight savings time?
You're a day behind.
DR

What I should have said was:
Should be a good stage. Interested in a small wager? I'll bet Thomas
Voeckler wins maximum Mtn. points on the Grand Colombier and takes the
stage.
DR
Old July 12th 12, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

DirtRoadie a écrit profondement:

| On Jul 11, 1:31*pm, dardruba wrote:
| Remember the battle in the June Criterium du Dauphine when Cadel Evans
| and Bradley Wiggins tormented each other on the descent of the Col du
| Grand Colombier, well they get a second chance tomorrow.

| Did you forget to set you calendar to daylight savings time?
| You're a day behind.
| DR

Not to be argumentative, buy there's eight (8) time zones betwen he and
thee.

This makes for some unfortunate "errors" about which nothing can be
done.

--
Davey Crockett
"Here's looking up your Kilt, Jock"

Old July 12th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 12, 12:11*am, Davey Crockett wrote:
DirtRoadie a écrit profondement:

| On Jul 11, 1:31*pm, dardruba wrote:
| Remember the battle in the June Criterium du Dauphine when Cadel Evans
| and Bradley Wiggins tormented each other on the descent of the Col du
| Grand Colombier, well they get a second chance tomorrow.

| Did you forget to set you calendar to daylight savings time?
| You're a day behind.
| DR

Not to be argumentative, buy there's eight (8) time zones betwen he and
thee.

This makes for some unfortunate "errors" about which nothing can be
done.

My comment was tongue in cheek. He was a full DAY off by describing a
stage "tomorrow" that had already taken place.
DR
Old July 12th 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

What I should have said was:
Should be a good stage. Interested in a small wager? I'll bet Thomas
Voeckler wins maximum Mtn. points on the Grand Colombier and takes the
stage.
DR

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. Why did he do that?
Old July 12th 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 12, 2:09*pm, thirty-six wrote:

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. *Why did he do that?

Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!

He gambled and it didn't pay off. Lots can happen between now and Le
Champs, so don't count him out yet. I have, but you shouldn't.

Old July 13th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On Jul 12, 7:45*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:09*pm, thirty-six wrote:

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. *Why did he do that?

Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!

maybe so.

He gambled and it didn't pay off.

it looked like he meant to put himself out, to me.

Lots can happen between now and Le
Champs, so don't count him out yet. *I have, but you shouldn't. *

Wiggins certainly looks the tougher man but was showing some weakness
in the last 2km, with the camera looking down on him, I could see much
fore to aft movement as he was tramping the pedals. I don't think
there's any chance of a Sky win tomorrow as Wiggins gets dragged along
the course so that he can recover from what was quite a strain for him
today. Perhaps he can sort out the problem and get back to his
regular smooth style but I certainly have reservations about his
ability after seeing that and perhaps a decision is made after
tomorrow on whether Froome should take over as leader. i think if
Nibali makes the break, Froome will have to chase and whatever comes
of that will decide on who leads the team.
Old July 13th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 12, 7:25*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Jul 12, 7:45*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:09*pm, thirty-six wrote:

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. *Why did he do that?

Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!

maybe so.

Ummm, I was being facetious.

He gambled and it didn't pay off.

it looked like he meant to put himself out, to me.

Indeed. I didn't mean to imply that he was faking it. Cadel was
probably feeling good and Tejay probably told the DS, "I'm feeling
great and could tow a fookin' tractor up these mountains."
Unfortunately Cadel wasn't a tractor and he wasn't feeling _that_
good.

We're witnessing a changing of the guard. Wiggins and Cadel could
both end up behind their younger teammates in the GC. I say it's
50-50.

Lots can happen between now and Le
Champs, so don't count him out yet. *I have, but you shouldn't. *

Wiggins certainly looks the tougher man but was showing some weakness
in the last 2km, with the camera looking down on him, I could see much
fore to aft movement as he was tramping the pedals. *I don't think
there's any chance of a Sky win tomorrow as Wiggins gets dragged along
the course so that he can recover from what was quite a strain for him
today. *Perhaps he can sort out the problem and get back to his
regular smooth style but I certainly have reservations about his
ability after seeing that and perhaps a decision is made after
tomorrow on whether Froome should take over as leader. *i think if
Nibali makes the break, Froome will have to chase and whatever comes
of that will decide on who leads the team.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be vicious. There's blood in the water and
we're going to need a bigger boat.

Old July 13th 12, 08:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 13/07/2012 01:01, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 12, 7:25 pm, wrote:
On Jul 12, 7:45 pm, wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:09 pm, wrote:

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. Why did he do that?

Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!

maybe so.

Ummm, I was being facetious.

He gambled and it didn't pay off.

it looked like he meant to put himself out, to me.

Indeed. I didn't mean to imply that he was faking it. Cadel was
probably feeling good and Tejay probably told the DS, "I'm feeling
great and could tow a fookin' tractor up these mountains."
Unfortunately Cadel wasn't a tractor and he wasn't feeling _that_
good.

We're witnessing a changing of the guard. Wiggins and Cadel could
both end up behind their younger teammates in the GC. I say it's
50-50.

Yes Froome and Tejay both look extremely strong in the mountains, the problem
they and the other up and coming candidates have in the future is the imminent
return to racing of the strongest climber of the modern era. Contador's
destruction of the opposition on Mount Etna in last year's Giro was one of the
most brutal acts of cycling hatchetery I've seen.