BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock

Old December 4th 17, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock

I just bought a BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock,
which is a twinned multi-wire within
a plastic enclosement.

The diameter is 12 mm and the length is 180 cm.
It is a "7" on a scale perhaps (?) designating
overall difficulty to brake. The lock works
with BBL-92 and -93 which appears to be
fittings to hold bicycle gear on a/the bike,
from the same manufacturer.

You get three keys. Those are smaller than the
ones I'm used to for this kind of size lock.
Also, the keyhole doesn't have a lid so despite
being small (the smaller keys, remember?)
I suspect some water will make its way inside.
When the temperature gets below zero (C), this
could be a problem.

The lock is made in China tho BBB Cycling is of
the Netherlands. So no lack of
manufacturing/bike experience

The price is 289 SEK which I consider
a standard deal for a quality lock. However it
would still be interesting to hear what you
pay, or would pay, for the same product.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 4th 17, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

YT wrote:

The price is 289 SEK

289 SEK ~($34, £25, or €29)

Old December 4th 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/2472-20

one example

Go to the hardware store's pliers rack looking for hand OP cable pliers
Old December 4th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/search?q=1%2F...obile&ie=UTF-8

..5 inch is wide. We have a wider cabe look looks clumsy.

Prob is an ex pensive bike eg Ti n 'they' follow you n do drive by of parking.
Old December 4th 17, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

avagadro wrote:

.5 inch is wide. We have a wider cabe look
looks clumsy.

Good math, or if you had that memorized:

$ units '12 mm' inches
* 0.47244094
/ 2.1166667

Speaking of the HW store I also got a pair of
bolt cutters and on one arm it says 600 [mm]
and on the other 24".

$ units '24 inches' mm
* 609.6
/ 0.0016404199
$ units '600 mm' inches
* 23.622047
/ 0.042333333

I measured it to roughly 61 cm. So it seems the
UK unit data was the correct one.

Old December 4th 17, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/4/2017 5:43 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
[...]

I wish that BBB would sell in the U.S.. They have some products with no
equivalent available here. I have ordered one of their products shipped
from Europe.

Equivalent lock would be about $20 in the U.S., online.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...0052_539262_-1

Old December 4th 17, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/4/2017 10:32 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
avagadro wrote:

.5 inch is wide. We have a wider cabe look
looks clumsy.

Good math, or if you had that memorized...

I'm sure a lot of American mechanics have memorized that an inch is
defined as 25.4mm, so we know 12mm is close to half an inch. We're also
familiar with other approximate conversions. For example, almost every
6" ruler I own also shows that distance to be close to 150mm.

In my youth, when I was perennially broke, I was the first in the family
to own a European car. To save money, I didn't buy a whole set of metric
wrenches. I bought only those wrenches that had no close inch
equivalent. The best example of a close match is 19mm, which is just a
few thousands of an inch different from 3/4".

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 4th 17, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

sms wrote:

Equivalent lock would be about $20 in the
U.S., online.

Well, unless it is the same brand and model
exactly, there is a hazard people will have
different ideas what makes for an "equivalent"
product and what doesn't.

But if one can come to terms, sure, such
a comparison can make as much sense.

If so, twenty bucks is considerably less, 58%
of the original 289 SEK.

Old December 4th 17, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/4/2017 10:33 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

Equivalent lock would be about $20 in the
U.S., online.

Well, unless it is the same brand and model
exactly, there is a hazard people will have
different ideas what makes for an "equivalent"
product and what doesn't.

But if one can come to terms, sure, such
a comparison can make as much sense.

If so, twenty bucks is considerably less, 58%
of the original 289 SEK.

I was comparing a lock with the same diameter cable, name brand, this
one with 5 keys instead of 3 keys.

Old December 4th 17, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

sms wrote:

I was comparing a lock with the same diameter
cable, name brand, this one with 5 keys
instead of 3 keys.

5 keys? You US people sure loose a lot of
keys But yes, it seems like
a fair comparison.

It would seem the BBB-41 is the unique
identifier used internally as well when they
refer to the product.

How much do you pay for a 12 mm wire bike lock
at AMuzi's, if it isn't a secret?