Slaying the badger (Greg Lemond documentary)

Old August 17th 14, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

Default Slaying the badger (Greg Lemond documentary)

Greg maintains that he was the team leader in 86. Greg was asked in Bicycle Guide who will lead the team in the 86 TDF. Greg answered: Who ever is strongest shall lead the team. After Hinault won the TT and put 5 minutes on the field in the opening Mt stage he proved that he was strongest at that point. So in fact Greg negated the promise that Hinault made in the prior year.
Old August 21st 14, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_11_]

On 2014-08-17 17:08, Randall Shimizu wrote:
Greg maintains that he was the team leader in 86. Greg was asked in Bicycle Guide who will lead the team in the 86 TDF. Greg answered: Who ever is strongest shall lead the team. After Hinault won the TT and put 5 minutes on the field in the opening Mt stage he proved that he was strongest at that point. So in fact Greg negated the promise that Hinault made in the prior year.

The odd thing is why Hinault chose to attack on the 2nd Mtn stage. Hinault had enough of a lead that he could have rode defensively to win the rest of the TDF.. If Greg is the great rider that he always talks about then he should have won more of the classics or other grand tours. In my mind Greg was the one rider who started this trend towards specializing in certain races. This trend has become much more pronounced in recent years. We have basically seen the outcome of all of this in this years TDF where weather was wetter than in recent years. The number of crashes are a direct result of riders that are not complete. Both Froomes and Contadors crashes are a prime example of this. I have always maintained that a TDF winner has the responsibility to lead in a manner that reflects well and as role modle to other riders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elo5_iNEjRo

You're right

And around that time the Tour became boring

This year was te best in 30 years, saving the crashes of several favourites

It's almost more fun watching ISIS

https://trutube.tv/video/27494/ISIS-...CAN-JOURNALIST

--
Davey Crockett
Fly your Flag
Old August 21st 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_11_]

On 2014-08-21 00:54, Davey Crockett wrote:
On 2014-08-17 17:08, Randall Shimizu wrote:
[...]

Ask for the full gruesome Chop video

Maireaad -- seems no copyright violation here as sharing is permitted1

http://youtu.be/5Xmg0uVsPpk?list=RD5Xmg0uVsPpk

Old May 14th 15, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

After Hinault won his fifth TDF a journalist asked him what he would do in the 86 tours. Hinault replied: "I will have some fun and stir thing up and I shall bring them to their knees." Hinualt lived up to his word and put nearly 5 minutes on the opening mountain stage.