Am I crazy??

Old July 2nd 04, 08:13 AM
Richard Sherratt

Default Am I crazy??

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:26:37 GMT, leela
wrote:

I'm an average commuter cyclist (normally between 30 - 45km a day) and
my hubby has just signed me up for a childrens cancer fund charity ride.
It's 3 days - about 300km. And I have about a month to be prepared. Is
this possible?? How many hours per day should I cycle to prepare for
this - or is it totally impossible?? Help!

If you're doing 30 - 45km daily at a reasonable pace then you've
probably got the base level fitness to make 100km per day quite easy.
Try to build up the distance over three weeks and then ease off a bit
in the last week. If you can get in a 60km ride this weekend and an 80
to 100km ride next weekend, then you're just about there.

Take it easy during the ride. Keep the food and fluid intake going.

Check your bike out as soon as possible to make sure it's in good
shape mechanically. Resist all temptation to change anything on your
bike in the last week.

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old July 2nd 04, 11:41 AM
Joel Mayes

On 2004-07-02, leela wrote:
I'm an average commuter cyclist (normally between 30 - 45km a day) and
my hubby has just signed me up for a childrens cancer fund charity ride.
It's 3 days - about 300km. And I have about a month to be prepared. Is
this possible?? How many hours per day should I cycle to prepare for
this - or is it totally impossible?? Help!

- scared rider

I did my first overnight ride, two days, 220Km's, from about the same
level of riding as you, pace yourself and get used to drink and eating
regularly whilst ride and you'll be OK

Cheers

Joel

--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
| Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news
| Musician | / \
| Music Teacher |