What is Usenet for?

Old December 25th 07, 06:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default What is Usenet for?

On Dec 24, 4:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
The one and only purpose of Usenet is give everyone a good time. It most
definitely is NOT for the purpose of disseminating information, factual or
otherwise.

Errant opinion stated as fact by the quintessential troll who regards
the Unsenet newsgroup as a personal cyber-playpen for his unharnessed
ego where, in an unmoderated forum, he can freely excrete his insipid,
monotonous, regurgitated mantra. Irrefutably, Usenent newsgroups were
conceived for the sole purpose of exchanging ideas and information.
Unsenet newsgroups were not contrived for the *******ized purpose that
Ed Dolan asserts ... a twisted sense of fun derived at the expense of
others. Unsenet newsgroups were never intended to be Ed Dolan's
personal cyberspace soapbox. No matter how many times that Ed Dolan
repeats this gibberish, the fact remain that his asseveration it is no
more valid or true than it was with its initial misguided
utterance ... and that's fact.

If you are not having a good time on Usenet, then you should
leave. You will not be missed and others of us can have a good time without
you being a party pooper. There is no place for any seriousness on Usenet.

Unsenet newsproups would be far more enjoyable (fun) without the
presence of obnoxious trolls like you running amuck.

Unmoderated forums are doomed by their very nature. It means that any damn
fool can say anything he pleases without any censorship. This is a formula
for utter disaster. So we might as well relax and enjoy the bedlam.

Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all unsuspecting
of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon catch on and enjoy
the humor of it. If they are dumb, they leave in disgust. Tom Sherman says
post free or die! That is fine as long as you do not mind bedlam.

Kill-filers are a very strange lot here on Usenet to say the least. What do
they expect from an unmoderated forum? If you are that concerned about
formalities, I suggest you restrict yourself to contemplating your own navel
and forget about human intercourse.

The Great Ed Dolan is having one hell of a time here on Usenet and he hopes
that you are too. Hey, words can't hurt you and it can be fun to jab at one
another like the kids that we are. Surely Usenet was invented for fools such
as you and I!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 26th 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Dec 25, 7:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

You cannot have an exchange of ideas and information when you allow every
jackass in the world to get in on it. Ed Gin easily destroyed ARBR in the
space of a single month and there was nothing anyone could do about it, not
Jim McNamara, not Jon Meinecke and certainly not Tom Sherman. Unmoderated
newsgroups (most of Usenet) are for scoundrels, idiots and jackasses.
Welcome to the club!

I don not consider myself to be any of the above and if most of the
card carrying members of a club fell into such a category, I would
have no interest in associating with those with whom I have nothing in
common. Fortunately, only some fall into those categories ... you
being an exemplary member of the group.

If you are not having a good time on Usenet, then you should
leave. You will not be missed and others of us can have a good time
without
you being a party pooper. There is no place for any seriousness on
Usenet.

Unsenet newsproups would be far more enjoyable (fun) without the
presence of obnoxious trolls like EdDloan running amuck.

I am fulfilling the ultimate purpose of Usenet which is to self-destruct and
give way to the abyss.

How telling. "Ultimate purpose", that is according to Ed Doanl's
distorted, myopic perception and errant misconception.. As far as
"abyss" is concerned, to embark on a journey into newsgroups infested
with a maniacal parasite like Ed Dolan is to experience first hand the
abyss of lunacy.

Whoever heard of forums where just anyone could say
anything he pleased without being censored! It's not post free OR die; it's
post free AND die!

Unfortunately, Ed Dolan discovered forums where he could can say
(write) whatever he pleaseed without fear of a moderator reprisal/
censure. The rest is history.

Old December 27th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

I do not consider myself to be any of the above and if most of the
card carrying members of a club fell into such a category, I would
have no interest in associating with those with whom I have nothing in
common. Fortunately, only some fall into those categories ... you
being an exemplary member of the group.

Ed Dolan, however you view Him, is Great. The rest of you by comparison are
dwarfs and midgets, hardly worth taking any notice of.

If you are not having a good time on Usenet, then you should
leave. You will not be missed and others of us can have a good time
without
you being a party pooper. There is no place for any seriousness on
Usenet.

Unsenet newsproups would be far more enjoyable (fun) without the
presence of obnoxious trolls like EdDloan running amuck.

I am fulfilling the ultimate purpose of Usenet which is to self-destruct
and
give way to the abyss.

How telling. "Ultimate purpose", that is according to Ed Doanl's
distorted, myopic perception and errant misconception.. As far as
"abyss" is concerned, to embark on a journey into newsgroups infested
with a maniacal parasite like Ed Dolan is to experience first hand the
abyss of lunacy.

Usenet must perish from this earth. It is simply too, too stupid to survive.
Or would you rather get messages daily from the likes of Harry of Nebraska
advising us how much fun he is having riding his clunker trike on the roads
and trails around Lincoln? I don't know which is worse, getting the latest
from old Harry or having to put up with Tom Sherman's trivial esoteric
gibberish.

Whoever heard of forums where just anyone could say
anything he pleased without being censored! It's not post free OR die;
it's
post free AND die!

Unfortunately, Ed Dolan discovered forums where he could can say
(write) whatever he pleaseed without fear of a moderator reprisal/
censure. The rest is history.

There is no one in this world who is more in favor of a moderator than Ed
Dolan. It would mean the elimination of 99% of all Usenet posters. By the
way, I would know how to post to an intelligent group, something I have
never yet seen on Usenet.

Old December 28th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

(write) whatever he pleased without fear of a moderator reprisal/
censure. The rest is history.

There is no one in this world who is more in favor of a moderator than Ed
Dolan. It would mean the elimination of 99% of all Usenet posters.

.... and, without question Ed Dolan would be numero uno when the
walking papers were handed out. I wonder if Ed Dolan would then be in
favor of moderate forums. I know. I know. Ed Dolan mistakenly
believes that he would be in the 1 percentile group. I wonder if he
contemplated just what a curse that would be with such a limited
target audience to subject his vacuous gibberish to.

What is Usenet for? JimmyMac General 3 December 28th 07 03:12 PM
web access to usenet? MartinM UK 16 June 28th 06 01:58 PM
OT camping on usenet DDEckerslyke UK 8 April 4th 05 06:39 PM
how many Usenet posters MattB Mountain Biking 19 June 6th 04 03:38 PM