RR:Dawn Attack (short)

Old October 9th 03, 03:29 AM
Corvus Corvax

Default RR:Dawn Attack (short)

The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for
work this morning on the fix. I have to put the Niterider on, and I
ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling glad of
it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up
their surly cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy,
agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls itself up
over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.

CC
Old October 9th 03, 11:50 AM
Sir Ride-A-Lot

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
om...
The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for
work this morning on the fix. I have to put the Niterider on, and I
ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling glad of
it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up
their surly cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy,
agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls itself up
over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.

CC

Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the
dawn and we can sell it on a poster!

Old October 9th 03, 12:24 PM
Stephen Baker

Sir Ride-a-bit says:

Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the
dawn and we can sell it on a poster!

Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to make
it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming up...

Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."
Old October 9th 03, 12:56 PM
Michael Dart

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
om...
The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for
work this morning on the fix. I have to put the Niterider on, and I
ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling glad of
it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up
their surly cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy,
agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls itself up
over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.

CC

I've seen the limb of the earth in Buffalo. It's really hairy and covered
with tattoos. ;^)

Beautiful prose CC.

Mike - 'Morning back.

Old October 9th 03, 01:18 PM
Sir Ride-A-Lot

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Sir Ride-a-bit says:

Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over

the
dawn and we can sell it on a poster!

Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to

make
it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming

up...

Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126

Old October 9th 03, 01:47 PM
bomba

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:18:36 -0400, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126

Call me Mr Picky, but I seem to be missing (in no particular order) the
Niterider, darkness, early morning traffic, empty school buses, suburbs, a
fixed gear bike and early commuters.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old October 9th 03, 01:57 PM
Sir Ride-A-Lot

LOL. I don't have all day to look for the perfect pic. Use your
imagination. Better yet, if you've got some art talent, draw the items that
are missing.

news

Old October 9th 03, 03:35 PM
MattB

"Sir Ride-A-Lot" Sir.Ride-a-Lot wrote in message

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Sir Ride-a-bit says:

Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over

the
dawn and we can sell it on a poster!

Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to

make
it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun

coming
up...

Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

S'ok. I accept PayPal...

Matt