Bruce Frech

Old February 1st 05, 07:26 PM
Ray

Default Bruce Frech

I don't know how many of you know Bruce Frech - I know he's posted here
quite a bit in the past. Anyway, I'm very very sad to report that Bruce
was killed on Saturday morning in an automobile accident near West
Chester, PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to the start of a training
ride when the accident ocurred.

-Ray Sachs

Old February 1st 05, 07:33 PM
k.papai

Dammit!
Bruce submited his RBR Faces photo of him with a trombone. It showed
his great sense of humor.

This what I wrote then,
"Bruce Frech & trombone. Nice biker shorts tan line for those in the
know. Quite an artistic arrangement.
Bruce is the 50th person to appear here - faces of rbr! "

(That photo got lost when I moved ISPs.)
Dammit all. May he R.I.P.

-Ken

Old February 1st 05, 08:59 PM
Robert Chung

Ray wrote:
I don't know how many of you know Bruce Frech - I know he's posted here
quite a bit in the past. Anyway, I'm very very sad to report that Bruce
was killed on Saturday morning in an automobile accident near West
Chester, PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to the start of a training
ride when the accident ocurred.

I remember some of his posts. May he RIP.

Old February 1st 05, 09:25 PM
Robert Chung

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...rs=bruce+frech

Old February 2nd 05, 04:56 AM
Tom Kunich

"Ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know how many of you know Bruce Frech - I know he's posted here
quite a bit in the past. Anyway, I'm very very sad to report that Bruce
was killed on Saturday morning in an automobile accident near West
Chester, PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to the start of a training
ride when the accident ocurred.

I'm very sorry that he's gone. It isn't everyone that gets called an asshole
by someone as nice as Bruce. May he rest in peace.

Old February 2nd 05, 08:03 AM
Joselas

"Ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know how many folks on this group know Bruce Frech. I know he
posted here from time to time. In any case, very sad news. Bruce was
killed in an automobile accident on Saturday morning near West Chester,
PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to a ride.
Sorry to have to report this,

-Ray Sachs

I live in California and posted a message in rec.rides looking for places to
rent and ride in the West Chester PA area while I was on vacation. It was
the height of summer, my form was good and I really didn't want a couple of
weeks setback which happens to me with a full week off the bike. Plus I
can't go a week without riding because... it's a week without riding. All
the shops I was referred to only had hybrids or mtbs. Bruce posted a reply
and offered to loan me a bike and take me on a ride. I brought my pedals,
he set me up on a Kestrel with 9sp DuraAce that fit me perfectly. He took
me on a great ride with a Friend of his named Charlie. We hammered for 55
miles through beautiful quiet backroads. I couldn't believe how generous
he was to a stranger except that upon meeting him, going to his house and
riding with him, I found that cycling was so deep a part of his heart and
life that a fellow cyclist was not a stranger to him. Thank you Bruce.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:46 PM
Ray

I was lucky enough to know Bruce for about 7-8 years. I'm not a racer
and will never be anywhere near as strong a rider as he was, but I'd
see him on rides every now and then and he'd slow down long enough to
say hello and shoot the breeze for a little while. I'm a transportation
planner in his home county and we worked together on advocacy efforts
and met at least every couple of months with a regular advocacy group.
He was always quiet, modest, kind, and very very knowledgeable and
helpful. He was a rare guy, and now gone far too soon.

I'm planning on going to the memorial service on Saturday - I'll pass
all of these kind notes onto his family.

-Ray

Old February 2nd 05, 05:44 PM
Bill Sornson

Joselas wrote:
"Ray" wrote in message
[...]

Lovely tribute; thank you for posting it.

Bill "hoping Zoot can refrain from making any (totally inappropriate)
cager-bashing remarks" S.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:47 AM
gwhite

Ray wrote:

I was lucky enough to know Bruce for about 7-8 years. I'm not a racer
and will never be anywhere near as strong a rider as he was, but I'd
see him on rides every now and then and he'd slow down long enough to
say hello and shoot the breeze for a little while. I'm a transportation
planner in his home county and we worked together on advocacy efforts
and met at least every couple of months with a regular advocacy group.
He was always quiet, modest, kind, and very very knowledgeable and
helpful. He was a rare guy, and now gone far too soon.

I'm planning on going to the memorial service on Saturday - I'll pass
all of these kind notes onto his family.

Yes, that's nice. Please give my condolences to his family and friends.
Old February 4th 05, 02:43 AM
Carl Sundquist

"gwhite" wrote in message
Ray wrote:

I was lucky enough to know Bruce for about 7-8 years. I'm not a racer
and will never be anywhere near as strong a rider as he was, but I'd
see him on rides every now and then and he'd slow down long enough to
say hello and shoot the breeze for a little while. I'm a transportation
planner in his home county and we worked together on advocacy efforts
and met at least every couple of months with a regular advocacy group.
He was always quiet, modest, kind, and very very knowledgeable and
helpful. He was a rare guy, and now gone far too soon.

I'm planning on going to the memorial service on Saturday - I'll pass
all of these kind notes onto his family.

Yes, that's nice. Please give my condolences to his family and friends.

That goes for all of us.