Bruce Frech

Old February 4th 05, 03:21 AM
Bill C

Joselas wrote:
"Ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know how many folks on this group know Bruce Frech. I know

he
posted here from time to time. In any case, very sad news. Bruce

was
killed in an automobile accident on Saturday morning near West

Chester,
PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to a ride.
Sorry to have to report this,

-Ray Sachs

I live in California and posted a message in rec.rides looking for

places to
rent and ride in the West Chester PA area while I was on vacation.

It was
the height of summer, my form was good and I really didn't want a

couple of
weeks setback which happens to me with a full week off the bike.

Plus I
can't go a week without riding because... it's a week without riding.

All
the shops I was referred to only had hybrids or mtbs. Bruce posted a

reply
and offered to loan me a bike and take me on a ride. I brought my

pedals,
he set me up on a Kestrel with 9sp DuraAce that fit me perfectly. He

took
me on a great ride with a Friend of his named Charlie. We hammered

for 55
miles through beautiful quiet backroads. I couldn't believe how

generous
he was to a stranger except that upon meeting him, going to his house

and
riding with him, I found that cycling was so deep a part of his heart

and
life that a fellow cyclist was not a stranger to him. Thank you

Bruce.

I think we can all only hope that someone say this kind of thing about
us.
Thanks
Bill C

Old February 5th 05, 10:50 PM
Tom Kunich

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Bill C" wrote:

I think we can all only hope that someone say this kind of thing about
us.

But not TOO soon... ;-)

Seriously, I think Bruce would be blushing over all the
(well-deserved) praise he's getting. But that doesn't change the fact
he deserves it - I drank a toast to him last night and hope his family
is coping with their loss.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

BTW, I dropped into the local Pro shop last Thursday and Robby now is
selling Habaneros and says that they're hands down the best deal he's ever
sold. And he likes the way they ride. He spend a half hour trying to sell me
one.

Old March 23rd 15, 06:18 PM
gmyatko gmyatko is offline
Junior Member

Location: presently Chandler, Az, moving to Palm Bay Fl.

[quote=Ray;648612]I don't know how many of you know Bruce Frech - I know he's posted here
quite a bit in the past. Anyway, I'm very very sad to report that Bruce
was killed on Saturday morning in an automobile accident near West
Chester, PA. Fittingly, he was on his way to the start of a training
ride when the accident ocurred.

I was saddened to hear of Bruce's untimely passing. I happened to be looking him up in hopes to reach out to him. He and I raced across Pennsylvania back in 1984. He was a pretty interesting guy. i know he lowered the record across PA after he and I raced. Apparently, he found a flatter way. I remember he was going to look for a flatter way. Our race was actually 330 miles. Anyway, if anyone is interested, this is what he did back in 1984;
http://articles.mcall.com/1984-09-05...ours-ride-race

RIP Bruce