Vandeman a fraud and professional failure

Old May 15th 05, 02:34 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:44:48 +0200, BarryNL wrote:

..Gary S. wrote:
.. On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:58:00 GMT, Mike Vandeman
.. wrote:
..
..
..On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:14:47 -0700, "GaryG" wrote:
..
...Mikey - you're the one making all these claims for expertise. Therefore, it
...is incumbent upon you to establish your bona fides.
..
..I already did: Ph.D.
..
..
.. And nothing since then? That was about 30 years ago. Real scientists
.. continue to publish in peer-reviewed journals, and advance their
.. knowledge with new information. Real scientists stay with their field
.. of expertise, and do not spout off on every other topic with a claim
.. of their PhD making them expert on that as well.
..
.. How come more people do not get the Omni PhD (tm) like you did, making
.. them expert in everything?
..
.. Your PhD as used now seems to be nothing more than an attempt at
.. intimidation. It certainly is not relevant to your crusade.
..
.. You have gone from the statistical approach you apparently used for
.. your PhD, to now just KNOWING the TRUTH about everything.
..
..This is exactly why I do not believe Mr Vandeman has a Ph.D in
..psychology. Statistics is the basis of most psychology, especially at
..the time Mr V. was supposedly studying when behaviourist psychology was
..at the fore. Anyone who had studied psychology to the level Mr V. claims
..to have done would live and breathe the accepted statistical practices
..and methods of interpretation.

BS. My MA is in math, which is the BASIS of statistics.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old May 15th 05, 02:35 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:41:23 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:

..On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:27:21 -0400, pmhilton wrote:
..
..jtaylor wrote:
..
..The guy makes all these claims to be a scientist and he hasn't published
..ANYTHING in a peer reviewed journal?
..
..Apparently not one single thing.
..
..Pete H
..
..If you look at the topic of his PhD dissertation, he did not exactly
..push forward the boundaries of human knowledge then, either.
..
..Food taste preferences of different ethnic groups?

Proving that you have no idea what it was about.

..Happy trails,
..Gary (net.yogi.bear)

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old May 15th 05, 02:46 AM
Cyli

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:28:09 -0500, "di" wrote:

"Gary S." Idontwantspam@net wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 May 2005 00:19:35 +0200, BarryNL
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

Vandeman, Michael Joseph, 1943-
Highest degree: PhD in psychology, 1973
Degree granted by: University of California at Los Angeles PhD
DISSERTATION, at UCLA
"Chemical description of food taste preferences among Black-,
Japanese-, and Mexican-Americans derived by means of nonmetric
multidimensional scaling".

Looks like another professional student to avoid the Vietnam Draft, just
stay in school long enough until they had to give him some kind of degree.

Think of the school. It's not a small school, but Mikey may have made
himself as well known there as he has here. In that case, which would
you rather have? Mike with a degree and gone or Mike hanging around?
He could probably have written a one pager on the use of crayons by
preschoolers and been granted the degree and the goodbye.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old May 15th 05, 03:06 AM
rick

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

[...]

=============

Same reason that 'Bob' jumped in front of that car.....

Old May 15th 05, 11:34 AM
BarryNL

jtaylor wrote:

The guy makes all these claims to be a scientist and he hasn't published
ANYTHING in a peer reviewed journal?

Apparently not one single thing.

Pete H

If you look at the topic of his PhD dissertation, he did not exactly
push forward the boundaries of human knowledge then, either.

Food taste preferences of different ethnic groups?

Hmm, sounds a bit like Mike was investigating a genetic basis for taste
preferences - an idea dangerously close to eugenics. Still, I guess
that's the favourite pseudoscience of every bigot so I can see why Mike
would find it appealing.
Old May 16th 05, 03:52 PM
JP

"Fole Haafstra" wrote in message
m...
The truth is anyone with decent eyesight can view the destruction wrought

by
mountain biking. I've seen the destruction of many trails by many means

and
mountain bikers rank near the top. Boot shodden hikers are at the bottom.
The fight isn't about what is, but what people want.

I've been running trails for years and my experience negates yours.
Bikers and runners the least, campers, horses the most. Hikers more
towards the middle.

This fight is about a self proclaimed expert trolling a newsgroup.

Old May 16th 05, 11:00 PM
Gary S.

On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:57:21 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

But obviously MORE energy than YOU have.....

That doesn't even make sense. For a PhD, you sure say some stupid things.

Or conversely, for an idiot, he occasionally says something that is
not stupid.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old May 17th 05, 04:05 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:52:04 GMT, "JP" wrote:

..
.."Fole Haafstra" wrote in message
. com...
.. The truth is anyone with decent eyesight can view the destruction wrought
..by
.. mountain biking. I've seen the destruction of many trails by many means
..and
.. mountain bikers rank near the top. Boot shodden hikers are at the bottom.
.. The fight isn't about what is, but what people want.
..
..
..
..I've been running trails for years and my experience negates yours.
..Bikers and runners the least, campers, horses the most. Hikers more
..towards the middle.

The science doesn't support your belief: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

..This fight is about a self proclaimed expert trolling a newsgroup.

Telling relevant truths is not "trolling". You just don't want to admit it.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old May 17th 05, 05:00 PM
BarryNL

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..

But obviously MORE energy than YOU have.....

That doesn't even make sense. For a PhD, you sure say some stupid things.

Or conversely, for an idiot, he occasionally says something that is
not stupid.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Old May 17th 05, 10:11 PM
pmhilton

BarryNL wrote:

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

But who's to say when those two times agree (accidentally coincide) w/
an operating timepiece? Actually, "time" as applied to the data from a
stopped timepiece is a null concept; one may as well be looking at an
Andy Warhol painting of a soup can.

Pete H

--
Freedom is participation in power.