Suspended licenses, unlicensed, or improperly licensed driver?

Old August 16th 16, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

Default Suspended licenses, unlicensed, or improperly licensed driver?

On 08-16-2016 10:03, Frank Krygowski wrote:
And the claim gets repeated elsewhere

Trump fans aren't the only ones spreading lies that support their bias.
The lies come from all sides of the political circus, and the outraged
repeaters who don't check facts are also on all sides.

Some of them journalists--on all sides, not only Fox.

--
Wes Groleau
Old August 17th 16, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-08-16 13:59, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 08-16-2016 10:03, Frank Krygowski wrote:
And the claim gets repeated elsewhere

Trump fans aren't the only ones spreading lies that support their bias.
The lies come from all sides of the political circus, and the outraged
repeaters who don't check facts are also on all sides.

Some of them journalists--on all sides, not only Fox.

It is not about the number of orders, it is about the severity of them.
If a president decrees that the rose bushes in the White House garden
are to be trimmed a week earlier that is something different than a
decree that a big chunk of immigration law no longer applies because
"the emperor says so".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old August 17th 16, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:03:33 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 8/16/2016 1:45 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:48:31 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
snip

In my NSHO he was among the worst presidents the US had in recent
history and did a lot of damage to the country. Very authoritarian
leadership style and disregard for due process as evidenced by myriad
executive orders. Not a good example.

So, Joerg, how long have you been in this country? http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

This phenomenon seems to pop up constantly: Some Trump fan makes some
statement with an air of "everybody knows." Then someone else provides
clear data showing the claim is bull****.

But the Trump fan never produces countering data, and never says "Sorry,
you're right." And the claim gets repeated elsewhere.

Frank, I hate to be the one to disillusion you but the technique you
describe is not the sole prerogative of the Trump Tribe. Why! It
happens right here in this group :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 19th 16, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

sms wrote:
:On 8/12/2016 7:55 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
: John B. wrote:
: :On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:16:23 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
: wrote:
:
: :On 08-11-2016 02:01, John B. wrote:
: : with the Insurance Adjuster. I can't remember a single instance in
: : some 20 years that an insurance company tried to cheat us. I do
: :
: :Many, if not most, insurers in USA will pay fairly promptly according to
: :contract. But there are some that will procrastinate, argue, and split
: :hairs to hang on to their money (and yours).
: :
: :But once they have paid you, if it's a sizable amount, you can bet
: :they'll put the screws to whoever should have paid (if anyone).
:
: :You are confusing me. If you have a contract for insurance than
: :doesn't that contract specify the conditions under which money is to
: :be paid, proof of loss or damage required for payment to be made, the
: eriod of time required to assess the evidence prior to payment being
: :made and so on?
:
: Sure. But there are lots of situations where the loss is the fault of
: a third party. Consider a case where I hire an electrician to do some
: work. My house then burns down, becuase he decided to use unsuitable
: materials, installed unsafely. My homeowner's insurance is going to
: pay me,

:If you used a licensed contractor.

No, they're going to pay, regardless.

--
sig 112
Old August 19th 16, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

: wrote:
:
[...]

Yes, but note how you get to that result: https://www.irmi.com/articles/expert...tion-exclusion

If the house does not burn down, but the faulty wiring simply does not work or works poorly, your HO policy will not pay.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 19th 16, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

: : John B. wrote:
: : :On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:16:23 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
: : wrote:
: :
: : :On 08-11-2016 02:01, John B. wrote:
: : : with the Insurance Adjuster. I can't remember a single instance in
: : : some 20 years that an insurance company tried to cheat us. I do
: : :
[...]

Sure, but why would I expect them to? I'm insuring the house against
losses, not moron workers.

--
sig 9
Old August 19th 16, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

: : John B. wrote:
: : :On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:16:23 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
: : wrote:
: :
[...]

I agree, but you would be surprised by some people's expectations of coverage.

-- Jay Beattie.