Lobbying by cyclists may yet have an impact on the HTA

Old September 27th 17, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Lobbying by cyclists may yet have an impact on the HTA

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau
wrote:

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 6:51:50 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:07:50 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 7:41:10 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:56:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:31:35 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:47:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Legislation to beef up penalties under the Highway Traffic
Act is to be proposed in Ontario:
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/advocacy/o...bodily-injury/.

We'll see if it has any effect other than to produce tombstone reactions.

Given that a number of studies have shown that bicycles are at fault
in a substantial percentage of bicycle-auto collisions, more than half
in one study, and in at least two reports autopsies showed that as
many as 25% of cyclist deaths had excessive BAC, will these new
aggressive penalties apply to cyclists? Or solely to autos?

In San Francisco I would guess that bicycles are at fault in bike/car collisions more than half the time. And the other half are car drivers with road rage from the acts of bicyclists.

When you are polite with drivers they are generally polite back unless they are young punks trying to show off their machismo via automobile or Asian women who simply cannot drive.

Hey! My wife is an Asian woman and hasn't hit a bicycle in her 25 year
career as an auto pilot :-)

... as far as you know

Nope. She does tell me. She sort of drop kicked a motorcycle through a
stop light once and she told me about that... how else would she
explain that dent in the front bumper?

... okay, as far as -SHE- knows.

You are saying that my wife wouldn't know if she hit a motorcycle?

Given that you certainly have never met my wife and know nothing about
here I find your remark to be insulting, so I'll just say that "you
don't know what you are talking about" and consign you to the list of
the other fools that jabber away about things of which they know
nothing.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 27th 17, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:02:18 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau

... okay, as far as -SHE- knows.

You are saying that my wife wouldn't know if she hit a motorcycle?

Given that you certainly have never met my wife and know nothing about
here I find your remark to be insulting, so I'll just say that "you
don't know what you are talking about" and consign you to the list of
the other fools that jabber away about things of which they know
nothing.

Comparing your touchiness to some of the outrageous things you've said and not have been kidding about as Doug was that's pretty funny.
Old September 29th 17, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:32:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5:59:11 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:33:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:02:18 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau

... okay, as far as -SHE- knows.

You are saying that my wife wouldn't know if she hit a motorcycle?

Given that you certainly have never met my wife and know nothing about
here I find your remark to be insulting, so I'll just say that "you
don't know what you are talking about" and consign you to the list of
the other fools that jabber away about things of which they know
nothing.

Comparing your touchiness to some of the outrageous things you've said and not have been kidding about as Doug was that's pretty funny.

Not MY touchiness but rather a certain sense of outrage at an
individual who will stoop to insulting a lady that he has never met,
and has no knowledge of.

But you haven't the same hesitation for doing the same thing to anyone on this group.

Oh? Please add a little detail here. When did I ever insult anyone's
wife?

I can't remember ever mentioning anyone's wife except for once when I
made the suggestion that lateral leg raises might help Frank's wife
with her problems in getting on a bike. For which, if I remember,
Frank thanked me.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 29th 17, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

And if I didn't, I should have. Thanks, John.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 29th 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

That most certainly was not an insult to your wife. It was a jibe to you. And the insult you took over it far exceeded anything that was even closely related.
Old September 30th 17, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I notice that you have so adroitly trimmed the original posts in order
to eliminate the actual conversation. Which, of course, serves (you
hope) to justify your present assertion.

Yet another example of the Corporate Warrior: Standing erect,
shoulders back, head up, nose in the air and speaking in a loud
assertive voice. The most ludicrous B.S.

--
Cheers,

John B.