New B&M 100lux headlight.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 17th 17, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 19:00:32 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 12/16/2017 3:58 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I was wrong.

That phrase is very rare on Usenet! Congratulations on your honesty!

Does that compensate for my miserable math, creative logic, and
failing memory? Probably not. Never mind...

Would you buy a headlight from a company that fakes their demo/test
photos?

Is it "faked" or is it clarified?

I think the fashionable term is "enhanced" which can mean almost
anything.

I'd use the former term only if the effect and intent was deception. But
I've bought several of their headlights. IME all performed as expected
or better, consistent with the beam shots I found. I don't think there
was anything dishonest happening.

Agreed. I don't see any evidence of tampering with the beam pattern.
As James pointed out, my false color image looks almost exactly like
their computah model.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Cygo-Premium/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium%20-%20false%20color.jpg
https://www.bumm.de/files/Technologie/IQ-TEC%20vs%20IQ-Premium.jpg
However, the surroundings in the garage appear to have been fabricated
for the occasion. Whether the intent is to deceive, or simply the
results of an overly creative art department is a matter of personal
opinion.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

The last headlight you will ever need somebody[_2_] Techniques 115 April 28th 14 02:12 AM
Headlight Tom $herman (-_-) Techniques 16 August 17th 12 03:43 AM
FS: L&M ARC HID headlight Zach Marketplace 0 February 13th 08 07:25 PM
LED Headlight HughMann Australia 12 August 30th 06 11:51 AM
Headlight Bruni Techniques 8 August 31st 03 06:27 PM