FA: TREK Aluminum Investment Cast Lugs & Tubing

Old September 8th 03, 01:08 AM
The Ink Company

Default FA: TREK Aluminum Investment Cast Lugs & Tubing

TREK Aluminum Investment Cast Lugs & Tubing
In 1985, Trek introduced the first internally-lugged, adhesive-bonded
aluminum road bike, the Trek 2000. We offer here three investment cast lugs
and two lengths of aluminum tubing. Although these are the same components
used by the factory to build the frames, they are salesman's samples for
demonstrating to customers their features and assembly, and should not be
considered framemaking materials.

Included a
Investment cast fastback style seat lug with TREK and angled brake cable
guide cast into the aluminum. The binder bolt holes are also cast, but not
threaded. The lug has a black felt marker "4" on one side and a red "X" on
each stay, in felt marker. I was hesitant to remove these with solvent
because I didn't want to risk discoloring the metal.
Investment cast head lug, milled at the top and bottom.
A bottom bracket lug that probably goes with a mountain bike. The other two
are road lugs but the down tube diameter size here is larger. (Our Trek rep
reached into his bag and pulled out three lugs...) It is milled and threaded
on both sides.
A 160mm length of aluminum top tube, internally flat on the seat lug end and
chamfered on the other end to match the head lug bevel.
A 450mm length of aluminum seat tube, internally chamfered on both ends.
This fits the bottom bracket lug nicely. The seat lug is not beveled, so
it's not a perfect fit. If the tubing were cut beyond the chamfered area
(about 3/8"), it would fit snugly.
If you're interested in this item, you may also wish to view our other
auction of a Trek 2500 head lug and matching length carbon fiber tubing at
http://tinyurl.com/hdyj

starting bid = $12.50
http://tinyurl.com/mkh1

--

Don and Meg Jernigan
The Ink Company

Do aluminum frames wear out? Chris Hansen General 172 April 29th 04 10:18 AM
handlebar height n crowley General 35 April 19th 04 07:12 PM
2004 - Trek 1400? Trek 1200? comments? yuri budilov Techniques 1 April 4th 04 10:53 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM