question on Shimano derailers and SRAM shifter compatibility

Old August 29th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default question on Shimano derailers and SRAM shifter compatibility

Hi,

I bought a used '99 Trek 240 bicycle for my son and I'm trying to
modernize it. It has an old shimano sis derailer, a 7 speed 12-28T
cassete and 24-34-42T crank set.

I would like to replace the shifters and the derailer and I rushed to
buy the stuff without consulting first. I ordered two different
derailers just in case .
Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):

SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed

Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
derailers?

Thanks,
Slava.

Old August 29th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,

I bought a used '99 Trek 240 bicycle for my son and I'm trying to
modernize it. It has an old shimano sis derailer, a 7 speed 12-28T
cassete and 24-34-42T crank set.

I would like to replace the shifters and the derailer and I rushed to
buy the stuff without consulting first. I ordered two different
derailers just in case .
Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):

SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed

Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
derailers?

Thanks,
Slava.

It will work.

Old August 30th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Agzee

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:02:18 -0000, wrote:

Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
derailers?

As a number of people have already said, you can use that particular
S-Ram shifter as it is rated "Shimano compatible".

Further information for the shifter and installation instructions are
also available on the S-Ram site:-

http://www.sram.com/en/srammountain/...istshifter.php

Although the printed instructions that S-Ram supply with their
products are pretty good.

I am using S-Ram "Attack" shifters with my Shimano gears without any
problems.

Agzee