Crashed day before yesterday

Old December 10th 04, 04:11 AM
cheg

Default Crashed day before yesterday

I talked to the company again and the owner wanted to meet with me at the job
site. He was very responsive to my complaint, and said they are concerned about
the safety issue. The construction company will put the signs out of the way
after hours. Part of the problem is residents along the street moving the sign
after the crew leaves. The will try to find a spot where none of the neighbors
will care about the signs. He offered to replace my rainpants and pay for the
wheel repair. All in all, as good an outcome as I could wish. The wheel is in
the shop and will be fixed by tomorrow. I'll probably ride my rock crusher bike
for a while anyway, at least while the weather is foul.

http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night3.jpg

The latest addition, complete with Livestrong collar:
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/dog2.jpg

Old December 10th 04, 04:32 AM
Roger Zoul

cheg wrote:
|| I talked to the company again and the owner wanted to meet with me
|| at the job site. He was very responsive to my complaint, and said
|| they are concerned about the safety issue. The construction company
|| will put the signs out of the way after hours. Part of the problem
|| is residents along the street moving the sign after the crew leaves.
|| The will try to find a spot where none of the neighbors will care
|| about the signs. He offered to replace my rainpants and pay for the
|| wheel repair. All in all, as good an outcome as I could wish. The
|| wheel is in the shop and will be fixed by tomorrow. I'll probably
|| ride my rock crusher bike for a while anyway, at least while the
|| weather is foul.
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night1.jpg
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night2.jpg
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night3.jpg
|| The latest addition, complete with Livestrong collar:
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/dog2.jpg

Nice bike. You're making me think about bike number 2. I'm trying to
resist, though.

Old December 10th 04, 04:33 AM
David Reuteler

http://raildog.com/images/IMG_0832b.jpg
--
david reuteler

Old December 10th 04, 05:06 AM
cheg

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
cheg wrote:
|| I talked to the company again and the owner wanted to meet with me
|| at the job site. He was very responsive to my complaint, and said
|| they are concerned about the safety issue. The construction company
|| will put the signs out of the way after hours. Part of the problem
|| is residents along the street moving the sign after the crew leaves.
|| The will try to find a spot where none of the neighbors will care
|| about the signs. He offered to replace my rainpants and pay for the
|| wheel repair. All in all, as good an outcome as I could wish. The
|| wheel is in the shop and will be fixed by tomorrow. I'll probably
|| ride my rock crusher bike for a while anyway, at least while the
|| weather is foul.
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night1.jpg
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night2.jpg
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night3.jpg
|| The latest addition, complete with Livestrong collar:
|| http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/dog2.jpg

Nice bike. You're making me think about bike number 2. I'm trying to
resist, though.

This is bike 2 of 4 for me, but it's not much compared to Seldon Brown's and
other's collections:
http://home.comcast.net/~cheg01/bikes.html

Old December 10th 04, 05:07 AM
cheg

"David Reuteler" wrote in message
cheg wrote:
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/dog2.jpg

http://raildog.com/images/IMG_0832b.jpg
--
david reuteler

Nice. Does it spin around like in the Exorcist?

Old December 10th 04, 04:28 PM
SlowRider

cheg wrote:
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/db_night3.jpg

The latest addition, complete with Livestrong collar:
http://home.comcast.net/~a0000004/dog2.jpg

Interesting light setup (especially your rear lights), but -- don't
your legs interfere with your headlamps?

I've got a 10W lamp on my front and a blinky red light for the rear.
Looks like your bike could be used to light a baseball field in a
pinch!

(I wonder if this is Wattage Envy...?)

JR

Old December 10th 04, 06:12 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I've got a 10W lamp on my front and a blinky red light for the rear.
Looks like your bike could be used to light a baseball field in a
pinch!

I did a spot of night riding last night. I had:-

Front
2x Cateye HL-EL300
1 x helmet-mounted white LED
1 x flashing white LED

Rear
1 x rack mounted *bright* red LED
1 x ordinary British Standard red rear light
1 x red flashing LED

On self and/or bike

Reflectors on wheels (spokes) & pedals
reflective gilet
reflective arm bands
reflective bands round ankles

A local spotty youth, as a cycled by, cried out "F**king h*ll! You're not going
to get run over looking like that!" Which was the general point of the exercise
;-)

Traffic did give me a wide berth...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old December 10th 04, 08:25 PM
Roger Zoul

||| I've got a 10W lamp on my front and a blinky red light for the rear.
||| Looks like your bike could be used to light a baseball field in a
||| pinch!
|| I did a spot of night riding last night. I had:-
|| Front
|| 2x Cateye HL-EL300
|| 1 x helmet-mounted white LED
|| 1 x flashing white LED
|| Rear
|| 1 x rack mounted *bright* red LED
|| 1 x ordinary British Standard red rear light
|| 1 x red flashing LED
|| On self and/or bike
|| Reflectors on wheels (spokes) & pedals
|| reflective gilet
|| reflective arm bands
|| reflective bands round ankles
|| A local spotty youth, as a cycled by, cried out "F**king h*ll!
|| You're not going to get run over looking like that!" Which was the
|| general point of the exercise ;-)
|| Traffic did give me a wide berth...

You're likely better seen at night. Your only concern is seeing what is
coming at you. Good idea about the helmet mounted light. I'm still
planning to get one so I'll feel confident about riding at night.

Old December 10th 04, 09:15 PM
Pat

: || Traffic did give me a wide berth...
:
: You're likely better seen at night. Your only concern is seeing what is
: coming at you. Good idea about the helmet mounted light. I'm still
: planning to get one so I'll feel confident about riding at night.

I had planned to learn to rollerblade this winter (well, that is. I can do
it some--just not fluidly), before the shoulder surgery took precedence. I
had thought I needed a helmet mounted light and was doing some research on
what to get. I was looking at the Petzl brand, mainly. But, at the time, the
one I wanted was on backorder so I didn't ever pull the trigger and get it.
Have you looked into selecting a light, yet? Buy something and give me some
feedback.

Pat in TX

Old December 10th 04, 10:20 PM
Roger Zoul

Pat wrote:
||| You're likely better seen at night. Your only concern is seeing
||| what is coming at you. Good idea about the helmet mounted light.
||| I'm still planning to get one so I'll feel confident about riding
||| at night.
|| I had planned to learn to rollerblade this winter (well, that is. I
|| can do it some--just not fluidly), before the shoulder surgery took
|| precedence. I had thought I needed a helmet mounted light and was
|| doing some research on what to get. I was looking at the Petzl
|| brand, mainly. But, at the time, the one I wanted was on backorder
|| so I didn't ever pull the trigger and get it. Have you looked into
|| selecting a light, yet? Buy something and give me some feedback.

Well, this is the one I want to get

http://www.nite-hawk.com/store/custo...cat=252&page=1

namely because I already have the same one for the handlebar. I already
have recharge ni-mh batteries. Really, the only thing holding me back is
finding a good price on it. I got the handlebar version at nashbar for what
seemed like a good price, but they don't seem to be carrying the helmet
version.

On my one night ride I decided that I didn't like not being able to see what
make be in some other direction when riding down a dark road. One issue I
do have the this light is that the button on the handlebar version is a bit
hard to engage. I think for the helmet version this would pose a problem
for me as I would like to be able to easily turn the light on/off. Also, I
would like to have some light at other places on the bike so that I can see
things like what ring I'm on the front/back and what my bike computer says
(speed, cadence, etc.).

I will likely go ahead and buy something soon, though.