Mountain biker dies on trail

Old June 16th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain biker dies on trail

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:31:34 -0700, Bill wrote:

Marty wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
news
Marty wrote:
"Bill" wrote to Vandespam in a message
Your dim wittedness is showing.
See a wall and run your head into it. That's the scope of what you need
to know about arguing with he who must not be named............ He
doesn't care about getting it.

Marty (mntn biker except when I'm not - his logic not mine)

We have all noticed that. Welcome to the group.
Bill Baka

Yet you continue to bang your head. I look at the Vandespam threads and I
see you winding your way through them like some Newbie.

I've been here for longer than a little bit and have watched well
intentioned and sometimes even articulate skidiots and uninformed drive bys
all take shots at V and it does no good that I can see. Sometimes (like once
a year) I like to try to cut down on the USENET carnage by trying to shine a
light in the V darkness. I didn't realize you were so far beyond that. Have
at it master blaster. You're doing a hell of a job.

Marty

I think you are right. Vandemn, Bricston, and Dolan never seem to have
anything usefull to say.

How would YOU know?

Bill Baka

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 17th 07, 05:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill

Mike Vandeman wrote:
SOOO like a mountain biker, to totally miss the point and poopoo what
anyone else knows. Would it really hurt your little ego to admit that
you don't know everything, and maybe don't even know how to protect
yourself? You are like a caricature of the ignorant mountain biker.

No,
I'm so over-educated that now I know how much I don't know, and there
isn't a class for, well, everything.
Bill Baka
Old June 17th 07, 05:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:29:24 -0700, Bill wrote:
No,
Flo-Jo was the one I heard about. Christopher Reeve died of zero
exercise and being in a wheel chair for ten years.
I will exercise until some day I will drop dead, on MY terms, not in an
old folks home.

Good choice. Old folks are too polite to tell you what a fool you are.

I visit them when they are out with their walkers or wheelchairs and
that just motivates me to ride more. See old post below.

One of the nicer things I do is to stop at the old folks
home and chat with 80+ ladies there, and they just soak up the tales.
Not the radical ones, but the reasonable ones, like I'm gonna kill my
self climbing that mountain some day.
Bill Baka

At least I will never have to have an attendant wipe my butt.
Scrape it off the road after a semi encounter, maybe.
Bill Baka
Old June 17th 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Oz[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in message
et...
Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Ya gotta killfile the ass.

Mike Vandeman is a sick individual and he needs mental help.

Oz

Old June 17th 07, 06:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Oz wrote:

Bill,

Ya gotta killfile the ass.

Mike Vandeman is a sick individual and he needs mental help.

Oz

I know, but Thunderbird doesn't work that way. I have to sort by poster
name and delete manually, then go back to threaded mode. I sent Mozilla
a note on this, but short of writing my own module it won't play with me.
The mail part will filter just about anything.
Scratch Vandeman.
Bill
Old June 17th 07, 07:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Halliwell

Bill wrote:
Oz wrote:

Bill,

Ya gotta killfile the ass.

Mike Vandeman is a sick individual and he needs mental help.

Oz

I know, but Thunderbird doesn't work that way. I have to sort by poster
name and delete manually, then go back to threaded mode. I sent Mozilla
a note on this, but short of writing my own module it won't play with me.
The mail part will filter just about anything.
Scratch Vandeman.
Bill

Actually, Bill, you can have Thunderbird filter Vandespam drivel out. It
is under "Tools" and "Message Filters" in the main menu. Just make sure
to have the newsgroup hilited when you go to set up the filter.

I've been pleasantly letting Thunderbird send his posts to the circular
file for quite some time now...

Michael Halliwell
Old June 18th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Michael Halliwell wrote:
Bill wrote:
Oz wrote:

[...]

You got me. I forgot about that part because I was trying to filter out
the multiple group postings and couldn't do it. I have no desire to clog
up the other groups or read Vandeman's rantings, Brickstons ridiculous
attacks on me, Dolan's drivel, or Sorni's negative postings.
Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly arguments.
Thanks for prodding me.
Bill Baka
Old June 18th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_2_]

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On 13 Jun 2007 14:49:44 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
news
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:27:44 -0700, Bill wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:39:13 -0700, Bill
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:

Okay, so you have to ride 30 miles to get to the trail. But why
can't you WALK on the trail? Why do you feel it necessary to bike
them? A real he-man like you shouldn't be taking it easy, by using
an energy-saving device such as a bike.

The trail in question is not even ridable at some point and I have
to lug about 70 pounds of bike and supplies of some rocky bad parts.

"Supplies"? I've never needed that much on any camping trip.

Bill Baka

Mike
So you admit that you go camping. By hiking/backpacking to your
campsite you have an impact on the habitat, maybe to a lesser degree
than mountain biking,

Not "maybe", DEFINITELY.

Assume you are correct for the moment (which I do not), but by your own
admission, hiking does impact the habitat, why do you choose to destroy
the very thing you wish to protect??

but yet an impact.

Why would you CHOOSE to destroy habitat by hiking/backpacking???

By your own admission, hiking/backpacking scares away anaimals near
the trail, your shoes (Im sure you would never wear rough soled boots
into a wild habitat) destroy small plants and animals.

So I ask again,

Mike
Why would you CHOOSE to destroy habitat by hiking/backpacking?
You should be ashamed of yourself

Chris Foster

It's nice that you are finally able to add 2 + 2. Maybe if you weren't
mountain biking, we could believe that you actually CARE about what
you are saying.

Actually, I can't remember the last time I went backpacking, it was so
long ago. You don't need to go often, for it to be memorable and
satisfying.

On the other hand, most mountain bikers seem to go mountain biking
EVERY WEEK, often more than once a week.

Old June 18th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Steve Baker[_2_]

Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.
Old June 19th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.

Filtering Sorni is silly?
Please do tell how intelligently he contributes.
Ed Dolan, as you must know, is just noise.
Bill Baka