Contacting an administrator

Old October 29th 07, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Default Contacting an administrator

Arthur Clune said the following on 29/10/2007 14:04:
Simon Brooke wrote:

There is no moderator. Welcome to the real world.

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

Bwahahahahaha.
Please get a clue and save yourself, before it's too late.

And people wonder why UseNet gets a reputation for being
rude and unfriendly. Why take your annoyance with cyclingforums
out on someone who doesn't know about netnews?

Particularly when people get the attributions wrong and accuse the wrong
person of saying something...

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old October 29th 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Arthur Clune

Paul Boyd wrote:
Arthur Clune said the following on 29/10/2007 14:04:

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

^^^ No he didn't, mb did.

Bwahahahahaha.
Please get a clue and save yourself, before it's too late.

Particularly when people get the attributions wrong and accuse the wrong
person of saying something...

Corrected above.

Arthur

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Old October 30th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Luggage

On 27 Oct, 07:25, Rob Morley wrote:
In article , Paul Boyd
says... On 26/10/2007 19:42, Simon Brooke said,

Oh? You thought you were posting to a forum on a website? You're not. The
owners of cyclingforums.com are scum who parasitise on Usenet, making
money out of misleading ignorant users like you.

They charge for a free service??????

They take our content and attach Google Ads to it.

So does Google Groups...

TL

Old October 30th 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

The Luggage wrote:
On 27 Oct, 07:25, Rob Morley wrote:
In article , Paul Boyd
says... On 26/10/2007 19:42, Simon Brooke said,

Oh? You thought you were posting to a forum on a website? You're not. The
owners of cyclingforums.com are scum who parasitise on Usenet, making
money out of misleading ignorant users like you.
They charge for a free service??????

They take our content and attach Google Ads to it.

So does Google Groups...

in return Google provide an archive facility
Old November 1st 07, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dannyfrankszzz[_14_]

Following the replies to this thread has been a bit of an education.
Most of this is news to me.

I find it hard to understand how a site like this can be sustained
without effective administration and moderation.

If uk r c is part of usenet, I'll contact an administrator at usenet
then?

What about all the other forums to which I have access on
cyclingforums? Are they part of usenet?

Also, if there's no moderator or administrator, does that then mean
that I'm free to write exactly what I want without censure?

--
dannyfrankszzz

Old November 1st 07, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 01:54:40 +1100, dannyfrankszzz wrote:

Following the replies to this thread has been a bit of an education.
Most of this is news to me.

I find it hard to understand how a site like this can be sustained
without effective administration and moderation.

If uk r c is part of usenet, I'll contact an administrator at usenet
then?

Do tell us how you get on.
Old November 1st 07, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"dannyfrankszzz"
wrote in message

Following the replies to this thread has been a bit of an education.
Most of this is news to me.

I find it hard to understand how a site like this can be sustained
without effective administration and moderation.

Usenet has administration, but moderation is rare. That's anarchy for you -
but it does seem to work. The administration stuff all got written years
ago - usenet is really quite old - so doesn't take much to keep going. It's
also a very distributed system - have a read around to learn how it all
works.

If uk r c is part of usenet, I'll contact an administrator at usenet
then?

What about all the other forums to which I have access on
cyclingforums? Are they part of usenet?

Also, if there's no moderator or administrator, does that then mean
that I'm free to write exactly what I want without censure?

Most of usenet is not moderated, so yes, you can write whatever you like -
and yes, you'll see people doing that in other newsgroups. It's a bit more
civilised here in uk.rec.cycling. You may get censure in the form of people
complaining at you, and if you do stuff which is actually illegal (libel,
etc), posts can be removed and your account suspended by your ISP (at which
point you go to one of the more anarchic ones...).

Dunno if the cyclingforums interface does any filtering. Don't really care
either - they're just parasites rebranding usenet for money, abusing the
content we provide for free.

cheers,
clive

Old November 1st 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

dannyfrankszzz wrote:
Following the replies to this thread has been a bit of an education.
Most of this is news to me.

I find it hard to understand how a site like this can be sustained
without effective administration and moderation.

Welcome to the revolution...

If uk r c is part of usenet, I'll contact an administrator at usenet
then?

Nope, there isn't one!

What about all the other forums to which I have access on
cyclingforums? Are they part of usenet?

No idea, I don't know what forums you have access to.

Also, if there's no moderator or administrator, does that then mean
that I'm free to write exactly what I want without censure?

Yep, equally anyone else is free to tell you to take your freedom of
speeach and shove it!