"Firm up the handlebars"???

Old January 22nd 05, 05:49 AM
meb

Tom Sherman Wrote:
wrote:

like a shock tower to shock tower bar on the front end above the

engine
with engine mount type bushings or not.
metal flexes! some auto designs shake and rattle up there under
non-commute loads.
consider the: on the seat, off the seat or one pedal down one up or
best both even when cornering. The frame, a truss like a roof truss

has
+ and - pressure areas that shift around in action. best loaded
evenly at the bottom to reduce compressive loads squeezing down from
the seat seated
may not be noticeable BUTBUTBUT!

add a gorilla or slide the volvo over a dirt road at 80
and then metal parts then begin to flex noticeably.

The bike riding gorilla: http://www.easyracers.com/images/ape1.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

I brought my gorilla suit to ride in the recumbent section of our
Halloween parade. Since I arrived late for muster, I didn't change
into my suit, but a bent tandem rider did have a gorilla suit.

--
meb

Old January 22nd 05, 06:08 AM
Jeff Starr

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:26:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

add a gorilla or slide the volvo over a dirt road at 80
and then metal parts then begin to flex noticeably.

The bike riding gorilla: http://www.easyracers.com/images/ape1.jpg.

Oh, so that is what Chalo looks like, I always wondered;-)

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old January 22nd 05, 10:33 PM
RonSonic

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:02:02 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7129546972

"Keen cyclists will know that this gadget is used to firm up the
handle-bars."

I thought I was keen but I've never heard of anything like this. Is it
meant for repairs or what? Firming is nonsense, I guess.

What like we're not used to nonsense in cycling goods.

I seem to recall these being used on BMX bikes back in the dark ages.

Ron

FS: Deda Magic and TTT Handlebars Clint Marketplace 1 July 28th 04 08:15 PM
LF/CH ZOOM Brahma bicycle handlebars or similar. Martin Levac Marketplace 1 May 21st 04 03:52 AM
Wider handlebars Pat Fleming General 2 May 13th 04 03:42 PM
Ban Handlebars Tony Raven UK 6 February 7th 04 03:11 PM
Help - handlebars not staying place Gawnsoft UK 9 August 25th 03 06:09 AM