Wafflycat in Cycling Weekly.

Old January 13th 08, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Wafflycat in Cycling Weekly.

Time trial results section no less! Well done H. I would love to get a
mention this year in the comic. I *am* training hard though as this
photo from last week's club session shows :-)

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/2008...1/DSC03089.JPG

Simon Mason
Old January 13th 08, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

" wrote in message
Time trial results section no less! Well done H. I would love to get a
mention this year in the comic. I *am* training hard though as this
photo from last week's club session shows :-)

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/2008...1/DSC03089.JPG

Simon Mason

*I'm* in the Comic?? Good grief! Obviously they were feeling sorry for the
old dear doing her first open. I shall have to obtain a copy so I can have a
chuckle!

I am *not* training hard. I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to, hopefully,
keep excess flab at bay...

Cheers, helen s

Old January 13th 08, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

wafflycat wrote:

" wrote in message
Time trial results section no less! Well done H. I would love to get a
mention this year in the comic. I *am* training hard though as this
photo from last week's club session shows :-)

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/2008...1/DSC03089.JPG

Simon Mason

*I'm* in the Comic?? Good grief! Obviously they were feeling sorry for
the old dear doing her first open. I shall have to obtain a copy so I
can have a chuckle!

I am *not* training hard. I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to,
hopefully, keep excess flab at bay...

Cheers, helen s

I have been toying with the idea of doing the club 10, the idea turns up
every week when I drive the course, in each direction and pass the
start. If I did it then retired I could claim a PB?

Odd isn't it? I have been involved in a number of sports, and each one
has their weekly, pulp printed, results paper , called "the comic"!
Old January 13th 08, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In message
"wafflycat" wrote:

I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to, hopefully,
keep excess flab at bay...

Ooh! I didn't know there were 10s! All I recall seeing were 25s and
50s and 100s.

10 miles is something I know I can do! Well, if the wind is not too
strong...

Do any of the clubs in SW London put on 10s?

--
Charles
Brompton P6R-Plus; CarryFreedom -YL, in Motspur Park
Old January 13th 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

wrote in message
In message
"wafflycat" wrote:

I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to, hopefully,
keep excess flab at bay...

Ooh! I didn't know there were 10s! All I recall seeing were 25s and
50s and 100s.

10 miles is something I know I can do! Well, if the wind is not too
strong...

Do any of the clubs in SW London put on 10s?

Go to http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/index.asp

From the menu on the left, click on 'Events' that'll take you to a page
where you can access what events are on by date, or distance or district.

From the orginal URL I gave, if you click on 'Clubs' you get taken to a page
where you can access basic club info, by geographical area. South London is
there (London South is G)
The list of club names is clickable to provide basic info and contact
details.

Old January 13th 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

wrote in message
In message
"wafflycat" wrote:

I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to, hopefully,
keep excess flab at bay...

Ooh! I didn't know there were 10s! All I recall seeing were 25s and
50s and 100s.

10 miles is something I know I can do! Well, if the wind is not too
strong...

Do any of the clubs in SW London put on 10s?

TT-ing is much more than the 'standard' distances of 25s, 50s, 100s. There's
10s, 15s, 30s, 12hrs, 24hrs, hill climbs and all sorts of 'non-standard'
distances available to do on all sorts of roads.

Old January 13th 08, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/2008...rain1/DSC03089...

Simon Mason

*I'm* in the Comic?? Good grief! Obviously they were feeling sorry for
the old dear doing her first open. I shall have to obtain a copy so I
can have a chuckle!

I am *not* training hard. I'm doing 10s for fun and as a way to,
hopefully, keep excess flab at bay...

Cheers, helen s

I have been toying with the idea of doing the club 10, the idea turns up
every week when I drive the course, in each direction and pass the
start. If I did it then retired I could claim a PB?

Odd isn't it? I have been involved in a number of sports, and each one
has their weekly, pulp printed, results paper , called "the comic"!- Hide quoted text -

Yes, the Radio Amateurs magazine "RadComm" is called the Comic as well.
Old January 13th 08, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In message
"wafflycat" wrote:

TT-ing is much more than the 'standard' distances of 25s, 50s, 100s. There's
10s, 15s, 30s, 12hrs, 24hrs, hill climbs and all sorts of 'non-standard'
distances available to do on all sorts of roads.

Thank you - and could one enter on a Brompton? Or generally would it
be better to have a go when no-one is looking?

Old January 13th 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

wrote in message
In message
"wafflycat" wrote:

TT-ing is much more than the 'standard' distances of 25s, 50s, 100s.
There's
10s, 15s, 30s, 12hrs, 24hrs, hill climbs and all sorts of 'non-standard'
distances available to do on all sorts of roads.

Thank you - and could one enter on a Brompton? Or generally would it
be better to have a go when no-one is looking?

I have it on good authority that someone did a time trial on a Chopper in an
event associated witrh the East Bradford cycling club....

TDF Cycling Weekly comp- QUICK Jan UK 3 July 18th 06 12:23 AM
Cycling Weekly letter. Simon Mason UK 0 December 7th 04 01:25 PM
What's that cool UK racing weekly? "Cycling News"? Jeff Potter Racing 2 August 19th 04 11:41 PM
Cycling (racing) Weekly MartinM UK 6 June 12th 04 05:26 PM
Letter to Cycling Weekly. bikingbill UK 49 November 26th 03 10:22 PM